Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

RPD Build

Discussion in 'Rifle Discussion' started by Murray, Nov 7, 2012.

1. Murray

Murray Oregon New Member

Have an RPD kit, reciever, new barrel etc. looking for experienced AK? builder to complete. Any recommendations would be appreciated.

2. Swedish K

Swedish K SW Washington Moderator Staff Member

RPD is a few steps away from an AK- An RPK would be a lot closer to the AK platform. You will need use of head space gauges to complete the build though. I haven't ever worked on or handled enough RPDs to say I could build one up right. Just out of curiosity did you get a kit with semi parts or does your kit need to be converted? I know that there are a few guys who have RPDs on here but don't think that they built theirs - maybe they could take some close up pics to help with that...

3. Murray

Murray Oregon New Member

No it is a semi auto reciever, fire control group etc. The rifle looks to be practically new. Other than the fact that it was torch cut. I would need to have the barrel turned down and pinned. The front sight, gas block etc would also have to berilled and pinned. The new parts are in the white. Just trying to find a good smith.

4. Blitzkrieg

Blitzkrieg WA Well-Known Member

Join up at beltfedshooters.com and ask the experts