JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Just curious if this is even legal? I don't see how this would be different than stealing cable TV. I don't really care, just curious.

If you were local, I'd have a wireless router for you to use as an access point. Or if you want to pay for the shipping ($5), that would work too.

I guess I don't know if there is a law against it. My neighbor asked her provider if he was okay with it and he didn't really care since they are gone 9 months out of the year and still pay for it every month. The company is and extremely small ISP if that makes any difference.

I'll take the access point if hsully doesn't come up with one this weekend.

Thanks again for all of the advice guys.

It's perfectly legal.

It would be the same as you having a shared phone between the two residences.

There are no 'laws' per say against it, i'm sure the internet company would really appreciate two lines instead of one. There may be something in their Terms Of Use that say it's for one residential address. I would gladly split my internet bill with any of my neighbors if they were messican or had their own. Since there's no limit anymore of the amount of traffic... who cares.

I purchased one from Costco a Linksys Cisco unit, I had to use the customer service line to get it going it didn't like being downstream from my other routers, after finally refreshing firmware and so on it is working and I will say it is still a pain in the evening when others in the neighborhood are busy using other RF signals I have to keep resetting it ..
great customer service but I too can't wait to get a better router!!!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top