JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey Folks,

A few days ago a friend of mine posted that he heard gunfire near his house. He lives in a rural area and is a combat veteran so he wasn't alarmed at first. He then quickly realized that the rounds were impacting into his sons' bedroom. Thankfully everyone was safe.

Today he posted that the Sheriff had identified the shooter....along with his "target": A cardboard box propped up on a chair in the woods. No berm. No backstop.

I'm thankful my friend and his family are unharmed. I'm upset at a negligent firearm owner that could have seriously hurt or killed someone.

86364888_10156717381301669_6964779642196590592_o.jpg

This is a good reminder to "police our own" and when we see someone being unsafe we say something before they do something really stupid.

Safe Shooting.

Sad story even if no one got hurt.

Just makes all gun owners look poorl

Sadly, I even see folks here posting pictures in the "shooting pictures" thread all the time with questionable backstops.

Ive seen so many examples of dumb, this stuff no longer surprises me.

Do you see any buildings look at the rising land toward the horizon.
Unsuspecting people have been killed by stray rounds in places other than buildings. In Utah and Arizona negligent target shooters have killed ATV riders in recent years. Think of hikers, equestrians, campers, scavengers, and all other sorts who traverse the countryside and wilderness.

Do you see any buildings look at the rising land toward the horizon.

Only a few feet of elevation gain and drop can make a field appear flat but able to conceal vehicles and people.

Wildlife can be bedded down in dirt or light brush, and my dog and I frequently bivouac in the wilderness.

Ultimately we as shooters are accountable for every round we send down range. If we can't attest to where that round will impact we should not take the shot.

I'll admit I'm haunted by one incident where I failed to notice my backdrop.

I was about 14 or so and out in the woods shooting at birds, trees, squirrels and the like. Happened to see a dove or maybe a pigeon on a branch. Didn't click until I hear "Hey you crazy son of a B..."
I'm sure I broke a window in that house. I still drive by it 25 year later and cringe.

I would have come unglued .
Man that's scary.
I've always wanted to live on property out of town but that is a fear of mine.

I hope they charged that guy. I would probably sue him for extreme emotion distress.
Uggh people are stupid.

I live almost directly down range from the English pit in Vanc. Hear gun fire most days, my kid's bedrooms face that side of the house and it still bugs me. You never know.
From that distance even a Over ahot round would probably go well beyond my house, but it's still in the back of my mind

I live almost directly down range from the English pit in Vanc. Hear gun fire most days, my kid's bedrooms face that side of the house and it still bugs me. You never know.
From that distance even a Over ahot round would probably go well beyond my house, but it's still in the back of my mind
I'm still surprised they don't have a policy in place like Tri County does with the amount of homes being built all around their range. It's only a matter of time someone launches a round out of there accidentally. It still happens at Tri County and they enforce the muzzle awareness extensively.

I'm still surprised they don't have a policy in place like Tri County does with the amount of homes being built all around their range. It's only a matter of time someone launches a round out of there accidentally. It still happens at Tri County and they enforce the muzzle awareness extensively.

Yeah the level of oversight at the english pit is negligible.
At least the last couple times I've been there. People policing themselves.
And they are in the middle of town!

Only a few feet of elevation gain and drop can make a field appear flat but able to conceal vehicles and people.

Wildlife can be bedded down in dirt or light brush, and my dog and I frequently bivouac in the wilderness.

Ultimately we as shooters are accountable for every round we send down range. If we can't attest to where that round will impact we should not take the shot.

Were actually pretty fortunate here in the PNW most of our public lands are mountainous, I cant imagine living in a flat land state and needing to shoot on public lands, would be an issue.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top