JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
In 114, that's right. Class A Misdemeanor, $6250 fine (ORS 161.635) and/or up to 364 days in jail (ORS 161.615)
Good enuff to ruin your individual life!

I ain't got a spare $6250 laying around nor could I afford a full year in prison. Don't think my employer can wait that long. Plus at this rate I'd be homeless thanks to no income. Believe this gets even worse for married couples with kids.

They know they can get people cuz they got stuff to lose. That's how they get compliance. Not from words on a paper but the fact they can ruin your life and laugh about it.

My question is how are they going to "catch" all these individuals who are carrying a gun concealed that has a mag that holds over 10 rounds? That is if this bill passes…..

They don't even have enough cops to respond to active shooters. They don't conduct traffic stops anymore. We have to fill out our own property crime reports. There are no more police pursuits.

Yes this "Mag Ban" may pass but I doubt it will be enforced. It will simply be another charge if you were to do something separate and end up getting your person or vehicle searched. And at that point there is probably bigger issues to be worrying about then the misdemeanor.

Know your rights. Be tactful and respectful. Stay frosty. I'm still hoping the measure fails.

The initial question ask d in this thread- and which has since been deleted - was where to find limiters to block mags. This is a separate question from how to permenantly block the mags.

Use of a magazine block, different spring configuration, wood dowel, etc may only be part of the process.

You will note that much like the same foolish regulations in other States like California, there are no specifics given for a "permenant" alteration of the mag or how to keep them that way in that pins can be knocked out, epoxy can be broken, etc.

My first hope for you is that this legislation fails to pass. However, should it pass, my second hope is that the California litigation of Duncan V Bonta - large cap mag is ultimately settled with the State's restriction struck down. If so, this should help your fight as well.

For a victim-less "crime". That is nothing less than tyranny.
A concept that NEVER seems to occur to libs is to punish those who commit a violent crime with a hi-cap magazine. That would almost make sense. Like the 'firearm used in a felony' sentencing enhancement that is never used.

Wayne Lapierre, a man seemingly hated by all sides, said that the left does not enforce gun laws as they need bloodshed to advance their agenda. Love him or hate him, he is right.

Last Edited:
Why I like sporks! It's not a knife, spoon or fork! Least likely to get banned :D
All plastic silverware is illegal in Portland (unless they changed the law recently), even at catered events. If you are homeless though, you are exempt. Fing nuts! These are the same voting block that will try to push 114 through.

All plastic silverware is illegal in Portland (unless they changed the law recently), even at catered events. If you are homeless though, you are exempt. Fing nuts! These are the same voting block that will try to push 114 through.
Say whathefudgenow?? Is that a real thing??

It sounds too rediculous to make that kinda bubblegum up, but... seriously??

Say whathefudgenow?? Is that a real thing??

It sounds too rediculous to make that kinda bubblegum up, but... seriously??
Yep it's real. It's illegal for fast food places to give you a straw, plastic utensils, or a restaurant to give you those little creamers for your coffee (unless they changed the law recently). Everyone complied when it first came out but I don't know about now. Maybe people realized it's just so ridiculous that they are ignoring it.

I am confused. I cannot find anything on the exact wording of Measure 114 or the law it will eventually become. By saying "Ban" does that mean you must destroy, send out-of-state, turn-in mags exceeding 10 rounds? Or, if you already own them, you can keep them and maybe even use them under certain restrictions?

I live in WA. A while back I read a proposal dated Jan 2021, for the wording of SB 5078. It stated you could keep them if you already owned them. You could use them at certain locations and outlined how to transport them to these locations.

When the final law took effect there was NO mention of any restrictions on possession. None. No mention of how or where you could use (carry or transport) them. The only restrictions were on the sale, manufacture, on importation of the naughty mags.

Still carrying 13+1 for my G23.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads