JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
With 114 approaching... and just in case... are there any issues to be aware of installing round limiters? Any recommendations on brand/type/where to buy cheap?
What's your plan and reasoning?
Why the hell would you do that? I'm not going to Calfornianize any of my mags.

128354873_bandbutt_brknlaw1_xlarge.jpeg.jpg

From Washington state with love.

mlk-unjust-laws.jpg

I thought most of the mag ban laws prohibited limiters?
Yup. I guess it has to be permanently altered to be incapable, "now or in the future" of accepting more than 10 rounds.

Blew up THAT idea.... :s0140:

Even though there is no such thing as "permanently" incapable. Just.. requires more than zero effort to mod.

Last Edited:
I have more mags then I most likely need even if this law doesn't get changed but I also have a short list of bucket list guns and already bought magazines for them as well just in case.

I don't shoot as much with the ammo prices and I don't do any 'drop the mag on the ground training' so I'd be fairly surprised if I ever run out.

Im not carrying 10 round mags in a G17.

It hasn't even passed….

And people are already castrating themselves….

So much for action.

Here's my take on what the WA law / Oregon proposed ballot measure, say about mag conversions.

At the bottom of this post is the language from WA legislation that passed and took effect this past July, as well as the proposed ballot measure 114 in Oregon.

Both are clear that a temporary mag limiting solution (like "Mag-Blok") is/will NOT be legal.

An example of a legal 10-round mag (for a pistol with a standard mag capacity of greater than 10-rounds) would be a Glock mag, which is engineered and designed from the ground up to accept only 10-rounds - it cannot be altered. Or maybe a Ruger mag with the shorter metal housing and the long plastic solid base.

Perhaps a metal mag originally designed to accept 15 rounds with a "dimple" stamped into its sides when its manufactured (like some S&W mags) which physically stops the magazine follower from being compressed beyond accepting 10-rounds MIGHT be considered a permanent alteration.

But, an installed mag-blok limiting mechanism (even if the mag base was epoxy glued onto the mag body, could still be altered or easily returned to greater than 10 mag capacity in the future.

I have several pistols that have a standard capacity of greater than 10 rounds, where the OEM offers a 10-round mag option.

BUT - the way the manufacturer gets to 10-rounds is with a different spring and follower. The mag housing is completely capable of swapping in the standard spring and follower that will allow for greater than 10-rounds. The 10-round mag housing EVEN has witness holes for ONLY 10 rounds where the standard mag housing has witness holes for 11 or 12 or whatever. BUT, the 10-round mag housing is exactly the same dimensions as the 12-round mag housing, so this FACTORY 10-ROUND MAGAZINE solution would NOT be legal because it can be easily converted to a greater than 10-round mag.

LEGAL LANGUAGE BELOW

WASHINGTON STATE Senate Bill 5078 (PASSED)

Section 2 (36)
  • "Large capacity magazine" means an ammunition feeding device with the capacity to accept more than 10 rounds of ammunition, or any conversion kit, part, or combination of parts, from which such a device can be assembled if those parts are in possession of or under the control of the same person, but shall not be construed to include any of the following:
    (a) An ammunition feeding device that has been permanently altered so that it cannot accommodate more than 10 rounds of ammunition
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

OREGON - Ballot Measure 114 (PROPOSED)
  • Section 11 (1)
  • (d) "Large-capacity magazine" means a fixed or detachable magazine, belt, drum, feed strip, helical feeding device, or similar device, including any such device joined or coupled with another in any manner, or a kit with such parts, that has an overall capacity of, or that can be readily restored, changed, or converted to accept, more than 10 rounds of ammunition and allows a shooter to keep firing without having to pause to reload, but does not include any of the following:
(A) An ammunition feeding device that has been permanently altered so that it is not capable, now or in the future, of accepting more than 10 rounds of ammunition;

(Other exemptions like tubular mags are defined)

Last Edited:
It hasn't even passed….

And people are already castrating themselves….

So much for action.
It's called... research and being able to make informed decisions when and if the time comes. Not only for yourself, but to be able to provide educated answers to others. Like when your children turn to you so they can make informed decisions for themselves.

Having a plan in place always beats making decisions in the moment.

Sharing helpful info on a topic is always more appreciated than blurting snide commentary. Just sayin.... ;)

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top