JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The evil people will always find a way and the bozos in govt. will keep taking away our rights. All the ingredients are out there and can't be stopped. Even when they get their police state. Besides they had their sights on the older bro in 2011 and screwed up. What a joke!

Making Salt Peter From Urine

Urine can in fact be used in the manufacture of gunpowder, and it has historically been a very important source of one of the crucial ingredients in gunpowder, saltpeter, also known as niter. This nitrate compound is what allows gunpowder to rapidly oxidize and catch fire, generating an explosion which can be used to fire munitions. In the modern era, there are less smelly ways to get saltpeter, typically through an industrial process which uses ammonia as a base.
Buy Potassium Nitrate Now
Specialty Chemicals and Supplies Great prices, fast shipping Science For You | Pyrotechnic Supplies & Much More! While you cannot literally make gunpowder from urine, as you need several other ingredients to produce gunpowder, urine can certainly be used to produce one necessary element. In addition to saltpeter, however, people also need charcoal and sulfur. These ingredients are both readily available, unlike saltpeter, so the popular stories about making gunpowder from urine do have a rational basis. Until the First World War, before people learned to reliably synthetically produce niter, urine, guano, and manure were all collected to produce gunpowder.

Initially, saltpeter was scraped from the walls of stables, but this source quickly proved to be insufficient, so people started collecting urine and dung to access the valuable nitrates. To extract saltpeter from urine historically, gunpowder manufacturers set up "niter beds" of straw, filtering the urine through the straw, which would concentrate the salts in the urine for easy collection. Urine has also had a number of other uses, and competition for available resources could sometimes be fierce, which may explain why many nations continued to use bladed weapons after the development of firearms, as making gunpowder from urine was expensive and time consuming.

During various times of war historically, citizens have been asked to collect urine and dung so that gunpowder manufacturers could use these products in the manufacture of gunpowder. Making gunpowder is a hazardous practice, and not recommended for people who are not experienced, although some people do make their own black powder at home, for hunting and historical re-enactment. Some historical societies sometimes offer demonstrations which involve making gunpowder from urine, among other things.

Maybe this will be just what is needed for Reid to find his place in the unemployment line.

Which won't change the majority the Dems have and will result in an even MORE anti-gun shlub being Majority leader.

What I'm hoping is that we can get some more urban states to start voting in pro-gun senate candidates. Places like Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin and Colorado for instance.

I'm also hoping to see some serious bloodletting on a state level in Colorado and NY over the gun-laws they passed. Colorado in particular I think, is going to change hands in the 2014 elections. If it doesn't, LOOK OUT. Because that will embolden the antis like nothing else.

I think Reid is getting a little misplaced blame here, the bill's sponsor is actually Sen. Frank Lautenberg (D-N.J.) - a long time enemy of gun rights. Reid introduced the bill as Lautenberg has been out sick, so basically he is doing his job as Senate President. Reid in neither a sponsor nor a co-sponsor of S. 792.

Here you can see what Lautenberg has been up to, a couple of gems at the top of the list. Go down to browse bills by sponsor/select a senator and scroll down til you get to Lautenberg.

http://thomas.loc.gov/home/thomas.php

Which won't change the majority the Dems have and will result in an even MORE anti-gun shlub being Majority leader.

What I'm hoping is that we can get some more urban states to start voting in pro-gun senate candidates. Places like Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin and Colorado for instance.

I'm also hoping to see some serious bloodletting on a state level in Colorado and NY over the gun-laws they passed. Colorado in particular I think, is going to change hands in the 2014 elections. If it doesn't, LOOK OUT. Because that will embolden the antis like nothing else.

Don't be too sure. Tom Foley lost his seat (he was speaker of the house) and the "D"s lost the house and the senate after the Clinton AWB was passed in 1994.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top