JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Why are there NEVER any guns for sale advertising a high round count fired? There must be a few out there that are broke in with lots of use. bahabaha!

Sometimes I get the bug for something, convince myself I can't live without it, and then realize its no better than the stuff I already have. I don't like to talk about stuff I've never shot. Gives me more to BS about with the boys.

Last Edited:
Sometimes I get the bug for something, convince myself I can't live without it, and then tealize its no better than the stuff I already have. I don't like to talk about stuff I've never shot. Gives me more to BS about with the boys.
Now that is an honest answer from a person who sleeps good at night. Cheers!

If you're looking for a shot up pistol I have a old Rohm 22 revolver with probably a million rounds shot through it with the barrel about ready to literally fall off I'll sell you for $50. Would be excellent for a Seattle gun buy back!

The highest round count gun I sold here at NWFA was a Ruger P89. I bought it new and had just south of 12k through it. I was honest and upfront. Of course, I did send it to Ruger for a full tune up before listing it. It was all good.

Here are few of mine with a High round count ...It would be hard to say just how many rounds have been shot through them...:D
A High Round count gun , doesn't bother me so much as does signs of abuse or neglect.
So I usually don't ask about round count when buying or trading...if asked of my guns I try to give as much of an honest answer , that I can give...
Andy
DSC05463.jpg

DSC06619 (1).jpg

DSC06824.jpg

DSC06789.jpg

DSC06814.jpg

Back when I would buy and sell regularly I often would. Have some .22 for sale. When asked round count I would say lost track, maybe 10-30K or so. Many would freak and not want to look. Those that bothered to look would of course see nothing wrong and buy. Many don't seem to stop to think that a lot of guns are almost impossible to shoot to death any more. With some exceptions its hard to wear one out in a lifetime.
I have a Kel-Tec 9mm rifle I still love. Have had it about 15 years. Guy last range trip asked me how many rounds? I told him I really have no idea. Has to be multiple K by now. When I take it down to clean I can't see anything wearing out. This is a super simple design, reminds me a lot of the old Sten. Kind of gun it would not take much moxie to make in a shop. Many name brand pistols will probably outlive the owners no matter how much they shoot.

Back when I would buy and sell regularly I often would. Have some .22 for sale. When asked round count I would say lost track, maybe 10-30K or so. Many would freak and not want to look. Those that bothered to look would of course see nothing wrong and buy. Many don't seem to stop to think that a lot of guns are almost impossible to shoot to death any more. With some exceptions its hard to wear one out in a lifetime.
I have a Kel-Tec 9mm rifle I still love. Have had it about 15 years. Guy last range trip asked me how many rounds? I told him I really have no idea. Has to be multiple K by now. When I take it down to clean I can't see anything wearing out. This is a super simple design, reminds me a lot of the old Sten. Kind of gun it would not take much moxie to make in a shop. Many name brand pistols will probably outlive the owners no matter how much they shoot.

Round count on a .22 doesn't bother me much. Pretty darned hard to wear one out.

Now a barrel scorching .22-250 or something similar? Yeah, we need to talk. :)

I bought a mossberg patriot 308 from a newer member on this forum and part of the rifling was missing and it shot all over the place. I'm not sure what the hell happend?

Over zealous cleaning...?
Just kidding kinda...maybe a Factory Oops moment , that slipped out the door...?
Andy

I've heard it happening. I read here a while back about a member that bought a rifle brand new and couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with it. After a quick look down the tube it had ZERO rifling. Come to think of it I wanna say it was a Mossy.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top