JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I think it's very hard to tell the condition from the round count. A lot of milsurp guys use gauges to measure wear. I usually rely on a visual check of the bore and the bolt face, and I look for pitting. But not even that is 100% reliable.. My 1903A3 has a bore that went through hell, but it will touch holes from the bench at 100 yards using cheap Remington Core-Lokt. I've never owned a brand new rifle that would do that. Not without a lot of work and modifications, anyhow.

TBH most folks just don't shoot that often, All the guns I've bought used I've never seen one burnt up or worn out.

It's true, and especially folks who collect guns, like many of us do. Too many toys to play with. However, if you meet a guy/gal that only has one or two guns, those have probably been through thousands of rounds.

I never get it cause I personally dont count each round I fire that's not why I bought the gun. 1 range visit might 50 or 600 round. If I buy a gun and dont like it and I know I shot 2 boxes then sure I know the round count but if its months with random range visits I wont know especially as a reloaded.

If it's a quality gun from a good company and someone says it has 1500 rounds that still a fairly low round count. Especially when people are coming out saying 30k and it still works.

Plus parts brake on all guns even at round 5 or whatever. so it's all up to the person buying it and really looking at it and knowing what they are looking for.

I have a pistol I'll sell you. It's had less than 200 rounds through it, but it has lots of special accessories with it, so that makes it worth more, and custom solder-iron stipling on the frame, so that makes it worth more, and a couple boxes of custom ammo with it that makes it worth more, and did I tel you about my uncle Bubba who taught me how to reload? He taught me his secret recipe of mixed powder that lets me hot-load them to get .357 mag performance from a .380!. If they're not popping primers, they're too weak! :eek:

I don't know what you guys problem is but all my firearms have round counters on them so I know exactly how many are put through it.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top