JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Need rough dimensions of AR10/SR25/308 magazines. Both 10 and 20 rounds. I'm planning out a 3-cell chest rig for 6 mags in the winter camo scheme.. right now all I know is that 3.5"×1" is a generous size for single mag, but height is all over the place. Shortest are 4", tallest is like 7"? Do I go with the shorter 4 inch height and hope the flaps can cover both mags and retain both?

OK.
for the pockets; I've got this measured out, from where the stitches will be, (edge to edge); 7.5" for a 3 sided box pocket, sewn onto the chest rig panel at 3.5" spacing; This means a fabric box of approximately 3.5"X 2" for 2x magazines. With the actual magazine dimensions, I should be able to fit most AR10/SR25 magazines in there, yes?

The height I have measured, is 5.5", but I can make it shorter if needed for 10rd mags. Someone suggested using a piece of webbing sewn to the inside on one end, with the other end going through a loop, to basically be an elevator for short magazines.

Is bungee an option? You could make the pouches shorter that way.
It might be an option, however this would mean adding dividers in the pockets, which means may not be able to fit thick Pmags in there.
I really think pocket flaps are best for the snow camo shown here. Will be using white buckles instead of the coyote . Open topped pouches in a winter setting invites snow and ice into the pockets, and even with drainage grommets installed, there's the likelihood of getting snow into the magazines, which may not be a good thing...
I do plan on using bungee cord with cord-locks around the pockets like Tactical Tailor does, so that users can still have positive retention on mags even after removing one from a pocket

DSCF1742.JPG

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads