JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Was trying to work up test loads for my Rem. 700 in 223. Frist thing to go wrong was The battery in my caliber to die, the second thing was I crushed 2 new cases. At first I thought I caught edge of seating die, but when I tried a second one it turned out to be setting die out of adjustment. Not sure how that happen. The next thing to happen was to spill some gun powder. Still after all of this I was still able to finally get my loads done. Now as soon as the weather permits I'll see how they do. Still better then working.:s0114:

It certainly happens. I forced a primer on my progressive once and scored the primer feed mechanism. It took me all day to get it everything back in order and I only loaded 100 rounds. MUCH better than being at the office.

You haven't lived until you fill your RCBS Chargemaster-----------------And find out too late that you didn't close the powder drain:s0054::s0054:

As the title said, it was still a better day than one occupied by something like work.

Isn't it funny how someone will spend 8 hours "at the office" and come home grumpy, tired, and annoyed. Yet the same person can spend twice that time shooting or reloading and end the day with a smile so large you could eat a bannana sideways:s0155::s0155:

O yeah after bending 2 decapping pins and then going to sportco to get a couple more bent the 3rd:huh::huh: only to relize the brass was berdan primed after a few laughs :s0114::s0114:got my ammo loaded and had great day, and it will beat a day at work everytime..

I'm just starting; don't even have a completed round yet but am quickly learning that if you have to force it, something isn't right. Had to wait a week for my replacement decapping rod :/. I'm also learning to read directions BEFORE using something you've never used before. Still beats work, or school in my case.

I have started resizing 223, most are military cases, and so far have broken 3 decaping pin. Keeps me out of the wife way and broke.

Best way to de-prime .223 military brass is to use a LEE Universal De-Priming Die. The pins in the Lee dies are the toughest out there. $11 at Cabela's.

Deprime them all first and then deal with the crimp before any further processing.

A universal de-primer die is on the list in the future. What I don't understand is for years I had no problem decapping military cases until now.

It will always depend on the strength of the crimp around the primer. I've seen some lately that are rather tight. Possibly due to the increased use of the SAW in .223 which might tend to push primers out more than the M-16/M-4.

Some of the early crimps looked like a small line around the primer and some that I see now are rather large depressions indicating more metal moved. When swaging the pocket I can feel the difference on the tool handle.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top