Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Rossi trifecta youth rifle reviews?

Discussion in 'Rifle Discussion' started by shift prime, Feb 2, 2012.

1. shift prime

shift prime SE PDX Member

Looking to get my son his first rifle for hunting. Have had several offers to buy Rossi Trifecta .22lr, .243 20 ga. combos.

It isn't the single shot aspect that I am curious about...just the quality and reliability of the firearm.

We are new to shooting and on a tight budget...any input will help greatly.

Thanks in advance.

2. nitestocker

nitestocker woodland washington Well-Known Member

my buddy got the same set up ill get in touch with him and ask him hows it works and does he like it

3. jonn5335

jonn5335 Longview Active Member

I did'nt have a problem with mine up until 2-3 months ago it started to misfire (fail to fire) about 1 out of 6 rounds and getting worse I've had it for about 2 years and fired about 2-3k 12 gauge rounds threw it but has alway been cleaned well. I was actually asked 4 months ago by a buddy what kind of single shot to buy and he bought a rossi as well, since then he has started to get misfires as well. I would never recomend buying a rossi or gun manufactured by taurus again.

4. shift prime

shift prime SE PDX Member

Thanks for the input. :)

5. nwwoodsman

nwwoodsman Vernonia Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter 2015 Volunteer

I bought myself the rossi youth model, but it came with the .243, .22, , .410, and 20 gauge barrels.

.410 works awesome and is a grouse slayer. The 20 gauge is about as good as any shorter barrel 20g. The .22 was fairly good, but had a hard time getting the sights to stay tightened down. Now the .243 was shooting 3 inch groups at 75 yards with open sights, off hand. I adjusted them as far as they would go but it was still shooting about 6 inches low. I'll may pick him up a scope for it this year and see if that helps. Probably better off going with something else as far as a deer rifle goes

6. Mookie

Mookie Eastern Washington Active Member

Take a look at the NEF/HR combos. A bit more but are noted for reliability and decent accuracy. Recoil pad probably needed.

iPhone - Tapatalk. Don't be a playa hater.