JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Looking to get my son his first rifle for hunting. Have had several offers to buy Rossi Trifecta .22lr, .243 20 ga. combos.

It isn't the single shot aspect that I am curious about...just the quality and reliability of the firearm.

We are new to shooting and on a tight budget...any input will help greatly.

Thanks in advance.

I did'nt have a problem with mine up until 2-3 months ago it started to misfire (fail to fire) about 1 out of 6 rounds and getting worse I've had it for about 2 years and fired about 2-3k 12 gauge rounds threw it but has alway been cleaned well. I was actually asked 4 months ago by a buddy what kind of single shot to buy and he bought a rossi as well, since then he has started to get misfires as well. I would never recomend buying a rossi or gun manufactured by taurus again.

I bought myself the rossi youth model, but it came with the .243, .22, , .410, and 20 gauge barrels.

.410 works awesome and is a grouse slayer. The 20 gauge is about as good as any shorter barrel 20g. The .22 was fairly good, but had a hard time getting the sights to stay tightened down. Now the .243 was shooting 3 inch groups at 75 yards with open sights, off hand. I adjusted them as far as they would go but it was still shooting about 6 inches low. I'll may pick him up a scope for it this year and see if that helps. Probably better off going with something else as far as a deer rifle goes

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top