JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
can we see the whole rifle? does leather come with pistol?
It's classified by the law as a pistol, and the holster does come with it.

12" barrel and no stock to place on shoulder.

It's really hard to take quality photos of a large pistol like this. I've been attempting since I posted, nothing good has turned out yet.

Adding approx 60 rounds of 240gr XTP loads with22gr of IMR4227, CCI large pistol Magnum.

Last Edited:
Seems like a taller front sight would make your shot lower
Yes.

Original sight system shot 12" high at 25y. The .500" front sight returned that to proper alignment.

It has to do with barrel taper. The original sights used were based on the longer and more tapered barrels of the rifles. They didn't make special sights for the Ranch Hand. Just imported them from the rifles.

September 2014:
https://www.northwestfirearms.com/threads/rossi-ranch-hand-shoots-high-one-fix-method.179789/

It may not be obvious from the above thread/post, the problem was in the rear sight. The elevator would interfere. Elevating the fear sight to clear the lifter would cause the high shooting. The fix was a taller front sight.

Last Edited:
Dropped to: $450 picked up within a 30 minute drive from Albany... As in: I'll meet you 30 mins away from my centralized location.

That is:
Pistol
Box it came with
Holster
Ammo listed above

Last Edited:
Uff. The temptation...I love these things. Have a Ranch Hand in .357, and love it. How does the .44 cheek fire? I mean, laying the rear of the handstock alongside and under your cheek bone to aid in aiming and firing. .38 and .357 it barely moves, but didn't know if .44 or .44 mag would start slappin' ya around.

Uff. The temptation...I love these things. Have a Ranch Hand in .357, and love it. How does the .44 cheek fire? I mean, laying the rear of the handstock alongside and under your cheek bone to aid in aiming and firing. .38 and .357 it barely moves, but didn't know if .44 or .44 mag would start slappin' ya around.

In all honesty, I was never brave enough with the 240gr XTP loads to weld that to my lower jaw. More than welcome to be the first to attempt it.

Last Edited:
Don't suppose i can get you to trade for a Mosin or Schmidt-Rubin?
Not a big fan of older firearms. I tend to stay with modern equipment. My oldest is a 1952 hand down from Grandpa, aside from that everything else is 2000 and newer.

Haha, I dig it. I like older styles and older guns.

I don't know about cheek welding that...hmmm...yeah, I'd probably do it, after a few rounds single hnaded so I know what kind of punishment to expect, and a nice rubber wrap on that stock, haha.

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.