JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm replying here since the thread you linked to is five pages of what other revolver to buy.
My question is what exactly did Rossi tell you about your revolver, other than they wouldn't return it? Did it fail a drop test? Are they destroying it? Did they mail you an explanation? I'd be interested to know. I've heard recently of a few that were sent in, tested, cleaned, and returned. I'm wondering what made yours different.

The fellow who called did not give much in the ways of details and his manner of speaking was hard to follow. He was clearly reading from a scripted message. Basically, they said it was found to have the defect, which from what I read is that it fails drop test. He didn't say if they'd destroy it or not, but presumably they will. I did not receive any e-mail from them, though I did receive several form letters via post leading up to receiving the return sticker. They requested that I send the receiving FFL to a specific email address and to cite the work order number, which I did, but I did not receive any response to that. I asked them if they had a better option than the Taurus 605 because it is a very different revolver than the one I sent in and I was told unequivocally "no". Presumably, there will be some paperwork with the replacement and, if so, I'll post those details then. Hope that helps. :)

Bummer man. One of my two Rossi's is in the affected serial number range. I've had it apart and even set up my own drop test. It's fine. No way am I sending it in. It's pretty disappointing that they wouldn't send you a tracker or something more comparable. I have a feeling the Taurus/Rossi disconnect is pretty complete here in the states. Rossi USA probably bought a bunch of cheap Taurus snubbs to keep their cost of this recall to a minimum. Really a shame.

One other thing I'll add, is your wait time may be a while. I sent my wheelgun in about a month ago. A week ago I got the call saying they weren't returning it, but were sending the "alternative" when they received my FFL, which I sent as soon as I hung up. Today I contacted them via the chat system as I was expecting two packages requiring adult signatures and only one showed. If UPS screwed up, or someone snaked it, I needed to tracking number. I was told they received the FFL, but hadn't even shipped yet, and said it would be 6—8 weeks from now before they did. :rolleyes:

One other thing I'll add, is your wait time may be a while. I sent my wheelgun in about a month ago. A week ago I got the call saying they weren't returning it, but were sending the "alternative" when they received my FFL, which I sent as soon as I hung up. Today I contacted them via the chat system as I was expecting two packages requiring adult signatures and only one showed. If UPS screwed up, or someone snaked it, I needed to tracking number. I was told they received the FFL, but hadn't even shipped yet, and said it would be 6—8 weeks from now before they did. :rolleyes:
Sounds like Taurus/Rossi/Braztech has really screwed the pouch on this one... Sorry to hear your being run around the block because of their design/QC issues. But you did score a sweet Smith and that'll make the bad taste go away quickly!

Sounds like Taurus/Rossi/Braztech has really screwed the pouch on this one... Sorry to hear your being run around the block because of their design/QC issues. But you did score a sweet Smith and that'll make the bad taste go away quickly!

True that. Just passing the word for others that might have to deal with said. :)

One more BIG reason to continue to stay away from all Rossi and Taurus firearms. Crappy guns/quality control and crappy service.:(

Not me. I enjoy working on revolvers. Rossi's can be had cheap and parts are very available on the secondary market. I'll keep scooping them up when a nice one comes along at a good price. I bought one last weekend for $190 and it was in almost new condition. I made a very pretty Duotone out of it with parts I had on hand. I agree the factory service and support is horrible but they are very decent revolvers with a little tuning.

6F96342B-EC2C-42D4-8D09-87E951873710.jpeg

Not me. I enjoy working on revolvers.

Until the absconded with my six-shooter, I had two Rossi lever-actions, one Rossi wheelgun, and one Taurus snub nose. All have been great. Before the recall, I had to send one back for a lost screw/spring and the factory work was a breeze; they sent me a mailing label, fixed it fast, and got it back, all on their dime. Zero trouble with the rifles and the .44 Magnum Rossi 92 is a great working gun.

How they handled the recall, however, is crap. So, I won't be buying from them again for that reason alone.

My wife has a Taurus SS hammerless and ported (very rare) .357 snubbie. It's always been a great little gun and a great shooter. The trigger action is plenty smooth, and with a Wolfe spring kit to lighten up the pull, it is very pleasant to shoot!!!

I have a Rossi .44 mag "92" which I have enjoyed a great deal, to pair up with a single-action .44. Unfortunately (and stupidly) I managed to break the stock at the wrist. Havent decided whether to replace it entirely or to try to get it fixed somehow. Glue hasnt worked, and a replacement is :eek: nearly $100, which isnt happening any time soon.. <sigh> oh well, maybe I will sell something else to raise the monies necessary...

I like my Rossi, fit and finish is outstanding. Its as purdy as my Smiths.
Recall wouldn't have happened 125 years ago, so for any up in arms, how's this any different than the dozens of antebellum or even just plain extant revolvers of the past you're told not to load more than five rounds in? Or even place a cap on the nipple? beyond mother says don't run with scissors that is?
It is not inherently unsafe if you understand how it works. I don't see any enthusiast willing to destroy or modify for safty any of those antiques.
I'll keep mine thank you. Paint me lucky I assume, but in over seven decades I have never dropped a pistol or rifle. I've toted plenty with five in the cylinder and know enough to unload rifle chambers in tricky situations. While Knowing its short comings is a good thing, as an adult, whose age has now exceeded hers rest her soul, I'll decide which of mothers admonitions are applicable.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top