JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So far I like what I see. Will be very interested to here how they work when they start to get into shooters hands. As long as they are not fraught with problems, ie, letting out lemons, sure sounds good. One in .44 would be a ton of damn fun since it's so easy to roll ammo in any power level.

They are listed with very reasonable MSRPs, should undercut the Marlin and Henry by a good amount. I may pick one up for giggles. Why not have 3 levers in 357!

If my understanding is correct, there were several different sources for Rossi lever action rifles in the past?

Some were good, some not so much?

I picked up a Rossi 92 in .44 mag last year used sold here on NWFA - I think I paid $450 IIRC. Very smooth action. Haven't had a chance to shoot it yet as all my .44 mag ammo is high end or special reloads that I want to save. Waiting for my tax refund to buy some blasting ammo for feed tests - probably accuracy too if I can get some that is JHP and relatively quality but not $1 PPR.

Once spring comes around and the soil dries up, I will go out in my woods and do some shooting.

With a Rossi 44mag 20" coming in next week, I would like to know if any of you have tried the Remington 240gr HTP (at $320/500 $0.64) I thought about buying some online.

I instantly recognized the Enchanted Forrest. And in the Old West 4x6 "beams" were not 3.5" thick they were real 4"x6" and were made of superior grade of wood when compered to today's garbage.

Many trees in old growth forest grew slower, so the wood was denser - but a lot of this also depends on weather conditions, the soil, the separation of the trees, and other factors. One tree could be a lot denser than another that lumber came from.

When I harvested my trees in 2018, some of the trees were 30-40 years old, some were 120+ years old (I counted the rings) and many were about 60-70 years old. Most were fir, about 20% were cedar. Today's lumber is not 'garbage' - it varies a lot.

There just isn't as much old growth, really old growth, that is harvested today - not one of my trees was or is over 150 years old - so no monsters like I saw when I was young and working in logging (e.g., ten foot diameter). Back 60-70 years ago was the last time some of my land was harvested - I've seen the stumps, removing them with a dozer (it took a lot of work) - 5-6 feet in diameter - cedars, must have been huge. Cedars that large are hundreds of years old.

I'd rather have the Marlin.
At least when you have a problem, they answer your calls and emails.
I've been trying to get ahold of Taurus (Rossi is owned by them and you use the same numbers to call) for a couple of weeks now with no success to emails /calls.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top