JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Bought a brand new Rossi r92 a few weeks ago. Haven't had the opportunity to fire it yet. Was cycling the action when I noticed missing material along the relief of the bolt that slides into the receiver. I contacted the shop I bought it from and they basically advised me to send it into Rossi directly. As Rossi's customer service is stuff of legend (not in the good way) I told them that having me ship an unfired gun straight back to the manufacturer (where they are known to sit on it for 4-5 months) after spending close to a grand on it didn't exactly fill me with hope for future purchases at that shop. They're currently seeing what they can do. I attached a pic. If it isn't that big of an issue then honestly I'm fine with it. I know being rough out of the factory is part of Rossi's "charm" but if its an actual safety concern I obviously want to take care of this before I use it. Looking for any input on this.

IMG_20220414_191514.jpg

I've had a new gun that had to take a trip back to ruger. They made it right though. Also a Winchester shotgun that had to get worked on before I could shoot it. Once the 4473 is done the gun is yours, but I can understand the frustration of having a new gun that has to go back.

What irritates me is that the only way I would have discovered the issue would have been if I stripped the gun at the counter, which they don't let you do. I understand it's my issue now though.

If the store can facilitate the return for repair in their dime and time do that.

Don't know why Rossi can't just ship you a new bolt? Shouldn't have to send the entire gun in.
I also just purchased a new Rossi 92 .357 caliber. Wanted a Henry but could not find one. DO have the Henry Frontier octogon barrel 22 cal, great firearm, nice smooth precise action.
Now the Rossi, a whole different story, wanna see some fine precision work check out the lever on my Rossi (pict attached). That is how it came new, unfired out of the box. I disassembled cause i was wondering about the extreme side to side play in the lever action. This is a hack fitting job done with a coarse stone bench grinder of all things. I'm waiting to see what Rossi is gonna do, all i want is a replacement lever

lever_02_01.JPG

Don't know why Rossi can't just ship you a new bolt? Shouldn't have to send the entire gun in.
I also just purchased a new Rossi 92 .357 caliber. Wanted a Henry but could not find one. DO have the Henry Frontier octogon barrel 22 cal, great firearm, nice smooth precise action.
Now the Rossi, a whole different story, wanna see some fine precision work check out the lever on my Rossi (pict attached). That is how it came new, unfired out of the box. I disassembled cause i was wondering about the extreme side to side play in the lever action. This is a hack fitting job done with a coarse stone bench grinder of all things. I'm waiting to see what Rossi is gonna do, all i want is a replacement lever

View attachment 1384091
Wow! I bet even I could do better

Bought a brand new Rossi r92 a few weeks ago. Haven't had the opportunity to fire it yet. Was cycling the action when I noticed missing material along the relief of the bolt that slides into the receiver. I contacted the shop I bought it from and they basically advised me to send it into Rossi directly. As Rossi's customer service is stuff of legend (not in the good way) I told them that having me ship an unfired gun straight back to the manufacturer (where they are known to sit on it for 4-5 months) after spending close to a grand on it didn't exactly fill me with hope for future purchases at that shop. They're currently seeing what they can do. I attached a pic. If it isn't that big of an issue then honestly I'm fine with it. I know being rough out of the factory is part of Rossi's "charm" but if its an actual safety concern I obviously want to take care of this before I use it. Looking for any input on this.

View attachment 1178254
Dang, that's some shoddy workmanship. I've had a ruger mark III and Zastava AK with bad tool marks inside (likely from worn out tooling) but nothing like that. Yikes!

Since i made a post here on a defective Rossi part, or at least extremely poor workmanship (see above), I thought i would update.
I called em and only wanted them to send me a replacement part....no can do....Only way was for me to return the firearm to them, they did pay shipping costs for good on them.
After over two months I finally called for an update.
Well they could not source/acquire a replacement lever, ok, i said instead of gold lever gimme a black one, i don't care, nope they could not come up with a black lever either....so they offered to replace the firearm entirely and destroy the old one. but said it could take up to 6 weeks....geesh.
Apparently the Rossi firearm "fixit" center has no access to any parts...huh?
I know buyers/consumers have literally no access to buy parts for a Rossi (other than very few) rule of thumb is to buy a second one for parts.
Now i gotta go thru the 4473 process all over again, IF the replacement ever gets to my FFL.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top