Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Rossi/Puma .454 Casull Carbine

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by CVMustang, Nov 6, 2010.

1. CVMustang

CVMustang Hillsboro Member

Does anyone have one of these? Are they good guns? Accurate? Do they kick much? I want to get one to go with my Raging Bull revolver.
    I've called a dozen gun shops, nobody has one and they can't seem to figure out how to get one even though the rossiusa.com website shows them as available? Can anyone give me a suggestion on a GOOD dealer who is able to locate one for me?

http://www.rossiusa.com/2010catalog/?catalog_page=14

2. powermad

powermad Portland Active Member

3. the4thshake

the4thshake Portland Active Member

4. DHart

DHart Scottsdale, AZ (formerly WA State) Member

I've got one. Great little rifle. Mine is a stainless Trapper (16" barrel). I prefer shooting .45 Colt with it, but .454 Casull works fine too.

Mine is a special edition which came through Davidsons a number of years back.

Brownings 1892 action is a gem... Very strong as well.

5. DHart

DHart Scottsdale, AZ (formerly WA State) Member

Some pics of mine....

1892Puma.jpg

1892PumaReceiver.jpg

In looking at Rossi's website, the left side of the receiver in the pics on Rossi's website is different than a traditional 92 and
    different than my 92 (which has the traditional look)... it looks like they screwed on a side plate rather than having the
    receiver be a solid block. Looks a bit weird to me, but don't know how it has changed the gun.

6. 009

009 Jellystone road sw Member

very nice. looked at a shorty one, 3 yrs. ago lnib at a local dealer. went back to get it 2 days later, soory gone! i am off that kick now, but i have never seen another in the flesh since.