JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Your 39m is a mounty correct ?

Since you asked about it. Well, you might find this interesting.

1953 First Mountie straight grip 24" barrel marked 39A rounded lever
1954-1956 straight grip 20" barrel marked 39A rounded lever
1957-1971 straight grip 20" barrel marked Marlin Golden 39A-Mountie rounded lever
1971-1987 straight grip 20" barrel marked Original Golden 39M squared lever

There were slight changes in stocks through the years. There is probably generally and technically (or true). Generally, any 20" barreled straight griped gun seems to be referred to as a Mountie. Technically, I suppose only the 1953-1971's are Mounties and the 1972-1987's are 39M's. I do not think Marlin made any normal guns in 1970-1971. They were making the 39 Century Limited and the Article II's. There are also the 39 Carbines and 39D's that had 20" barrels and get mixed in at times. The Carbines were straight griped rounded levers 20" barrel but had a 3/4 mag tube. The 39D is Pistol grip 20" barrel but has just a dovetail front site without a ramp or hood and has a barrel band like a 9422.
Most of my info came from Brophy's book. I hope I have it accurate and that all of you find 39A history as fascinating as I do.

I'd be interested to hear opinions from you Marlin 39A collectors?

Posted by pathfinder65 on
Marlinowners.com

Mine is marked "Original Golden 39M". I bought it because a friend in Hawaii asked me to look for a "Mountie". This one wasn't marked "Mountie". But I like the looks and bought it anyway. It sort of matches with my Marlin 1894 carbine in .357 Mag./.38 Special.

Aloha, Mark

PS......
GEDC1112.jpg

Last Edited:
View attachment 709650
Always wanted a lever action rimfire for plinking. This might be the ticket. If it's sub $300 retail it might be a winner.

Sadly current state of affairs might mean it will be a minute before you see this in the shelves.

Crossing my fingers for a $250 retail price!

How does $236 grab ya....Rio Bravo 22 LR 18" Black 15+1

Since you asked about it. Well, you might find this interesting.

Mine is marked "Original Golden 39M". I bought it because a friend in Hawaii asked me to look for a "Mountie". This one wasn't marked "Mountie". But I like the looks and bought it anyway. It sort of matches with my Marlin 1894 carbine in .357 Mag./.38 Special.

Aloha, Mark

PS......
View attachment 710439
The stock looks to be is the same as a Mountie .I have a 1955 Mountie .the parts were hand fit and very hard to find the correct parts for it.
I'm going to go warm it up a bit this week. P.s. Nice Golden

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads