JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Guys- I have broken the buttstock (and almost my heart!) of my .44 Rossi 92 levergun, snapped it at the wrist.. it is possibly repairable by someone who knows what they are doing. The wood appears to be walnut, which kinda surprised me, but a ^$^% of a way to find out. I am looking to maybe get a replacement as opposed to shelling out for a repair and maybe being dissatisfied with it... Soooo... does anyone have an idea where I might find a replacement? Used, new, finished, unfinished.. The carbine is a nice little firearm that I bought some years ago to compliment a .44 revolver for the obligatory "western" set.. of rifle, revolver, and bowie... anyway if anyone has an idea where or who might be selling one I'm open to suggestions..
Thanks... Dun..

There are probably a number of places out there that would have a replacement stock for it. The various stock makers, and maybe Numrich Arms?

I don't know if a standard Model 92 stock is interchangeable - I think the Rossi is based on that model.

A couple options:

• Contact Rossi through their chat or phone number. I've done so over the years and, generally, had good results with repairs and parts.
  • Boyd's makes an aftermarket stock for these. Their products and service, at lease in my experience, has always been good.

Does it look like this one on GunBroker?

1575474234839.png

It's suppose to be a clone of a Winchester........so, probably close enough to get started (IF Rossi can't help).
Meanwhile.....try the repair.

Aloha, Mark

It's probably some Brazilian hardwood - mine is. Sure you can't glue and screw it together? Some glues are awful strong. I'd at least give that a try. What do you have to lose?

Yep that's what my Rossi is.. I may rethink buying a new buttstock and try putting the broken one back together with epoxy and screws.. THAT would certainly lend "character" to the gun!:p

If I ever break a gunstock I would try and fix it with my Kreg pocket hole jig. Everything I have put together with it comes out perfectly aligned and strong. They use a slant cut wooden dowel to cover the hole. You may be able just drill the smaller pilot hole freehand and follow up with the Kreg countersink bit.

The downside is there was no consistency to the stocks Rossi put forth. Some were lighter, darker etc and while they matched the forend, I've had the misfortune of a few that didn't match the other rifle sitting beside it.

Screw it together and make it a classic with character.

The downside is there was no consistency to the stocks Rossi put forth. Some were lighter, darker etc and while they matched the forend, I've had the misfortune of a few that didn't match the other rifle sitting beside it.

Screw it together and make it a classic with character.
Looks as if I will have to try the repair route as Boyds doesnt carry them they tell me, and the only other is Steve's Gunz for @:eek:$160... I had tried Tite-bond III wood glue unsucessfully. I guess the epoxy/screw method it is. Maybe I'll do a real job of it and wrap the wrist with bailing wire:D to strengthen it against similar future events.. I had entertained thoughts of selling it, but I reckon she's a keeper now eh...
Any suggestions on how to proceed i.e. tricks of the trade? Formulating some ideas here but others always given consideration...:s0108:

Gent: That's not the same stock.. mine is straight, not pistol gripped, and is for a .44 mag, not .357 as listed... Thanks tho..

Good eye. Mine isn't a pistol grip either; this is just the one I found via Google. This is the one I installed:

lever1-jpg.jpg

I go look for original part number for you. Standby, my friend.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top