JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I bought some Grizzly 44 Special and 45-70 a while ago.
Haven't shot any yet.
Had I read the unsavory reviews beforehand, I would have walked away.
Wow, I didn't realize that Grizzly was doing stuff like this? A local company not responding to issues? and at that price? The guy with the .300BLK and the round that far out of spec? How in the hell could that happen?

Interesting take. I picked up a Rossi R92 stainless in 357 with the 16" barrel last year and it's been great. Love the size and weight of it and it's run all the 38 special and 357 I've fed it. There are a few places online that sell a whole host of parts for it including tune up guides (like Steve's Gunz https://stevesgunz.com/). I have some parts I'll eventually install but the only real disappointment so far has been the bolt mounted rear sight I added (not a Rossi part) that replaces the safety doesn't fit well and I need to come up with a better solution. I also ordered a grey laminate Boyd's stock for it and was disappointed in it's fit and finish. The factory wood is fairly basic but is fit really well so I ended up deciding to leave it alone for now. Other than a fairly sharp edge on the receiver at the loading gate which I'll probably round a little bit, I've not encountered anything where I was disappointed that needed addressing. All my changes have been because I wanted to make them. Sorry to hear your experience hasn't been as good. I know Rossi used to be hit or miss but the Rossi forums seem to indicate more consistently decent rifles coming out in the last few years, although I would still bank on there being essentially zero warranty support.
I'm curious about the exact issues with the safety mounted peep sight? I was seriously thinking of getting one for the wife's new Rossi M92 in .45 Colt. $70.00+ is a good amount for such a small piece. That buckhorn sight is kind of screwy in that you have to drop down so low on the stock to get the front sight down low enough on the buckhorn sight.

I'm curious about the exact issues with the safety mounted peep sight? I was seriously thinking of getting one for the wife's new Rossi M92 in .45 Colt. $70.00+ is a good amount for such a small piece. That buckhorn sight is kind of screwy in that you have to drop down so low on the stock to get the front sight down low enough on the buckhorn sight.
As I understand it, each rear safety hole is not 100% exact from Rossi and may not even be perfectly aligned left to right so making a universal replacement is understandably difficult. The safety replacement sight is shaped like a plug you put in a hole except it has a notch out of one of the sides to allow the retention pin to be added back in to hold the sight. As the safety switch hole in my bolt is slightly larger than the dimensions of the replacement peep sight base, even with the pin back in place, the rear sight has play in it. It's not going to fall out, but it is certainly not stationary shot to shot. The remedy is for me to pull the sight out, rotate the sight plug so that a non-notched side is aligned with the pin, and make a shallower notch that has less room to move around. I've even heard of some people that have had to add additional shims because there was so much play. It's a shame because it is a minimal sight in a convenient location. I'd be tempted to install a Skinner sight but I believe you get into drilling and tapping either side of the receiver to install the mount for it which sits above the bolt. Once I get the safety replacement sight fitted, I'm sure I'll like it better, but it's not a plug and play option and is expensive for what it is. You could probably have a mount machined locally that would accept a standard threaded peep for less money than buying the safety replacement option.

Hope that gives a better idea of what is entailed if you go that route.

On a related note, I believe it's Range Point that sells a rounded dovetail filler that will fit the factory rear sight notch. They have both stainless and blued. Well, they did. Looks like its currently out of stock until fall. For reference: https://rangerpointstore.com/rifle-barrel-3-8-dovetail-filler-blanks/

As I understand it, each rear safety hole is not 100% exact from Rossi and may not even be perfectly aligned left to right so making a universal replacement is understandably difficult. The safety replacement sight is shaped like a plug you put in a hole except it has a notch out of one of the sides to allow the retention pin to be added back in to hold the sight. As the safety switch hole in my bolt is slightly larger than the dimensions of the replacement peep sight base, even with the pin back in place, the rear sight has play in it. It's not going to fall out, but it is certainly not stationary shot to shot. The remedy is for me to pull the sight out, rotate the sight plug so that a non-notched side is aligned with the pin, and make a shallower notch that has less room to move around. I've even heard of some people that have had to add additional shims because there was so much play. It's a shame because it is a minimal sight in a convenient location. I'd be tempted to install a Skinner sight but I believe you get into drilling and tapping either side of the receiver to install the mount for it which sits above the bolt. Once I get the safety replacement sight fitted, I'm sure I'll like it better, but it's not a plug and play option and is expensive for what it is. You could probably have a mount machined locally that would accept a standard threaded peep for less money than buying the safety replacement option.

Hope that gives a better idea of what is entailed if you go that route.

On a related note, I believe it's Range Point that sells a rounded dovetail filler that will fit the factory rear sight notch. They have both stainless and blued. Well, they did. Looks like its currently out of stock until fall. For reference: https://rangerpointstore.com/rifle-barrel-3-8-dovetail-filler-blanks/
Well I'm sure glad you were here to pass on that tid-bit of info! That looked pretty slick to me. Weird the way it mentions that Rossie dove tails are slightly larger by a few thou of an " too. WTH?

Now not sure what to do with her rifle. Having the peep close to your eye seems the best way to go.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top