JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I kind of feel a Taurus slam in some of the posts ... and maybe it's just me but I have owned several Taurus guns and all have been great ....I had one problem with a Taurus pistol I bought for my wife ... I called Taurus the next day there was a ups or fedex buy at my door with a box, he stood there while I dropped the gun in and it was back in a week running perfect and no cost not even the shipping ... and I think you need to make a pretty good gun to have a life time guarntee on the gun ...that is the gun itself no matter if you are the third owner or what they are guarnteed for life .... in the days I heard there where problems but it has been my experience that they are fine guns and I trust my life to it every day ... I was at the range the other day standing next to a guy having an awful time with a nice looking Kimber. but like I said .. it is just my experience

I kind of feel a Taurus slam in some of the posts ... and maybe it's just me but I have owned several Taurus guns and all have been great ....I had one problem with a Taurus pistol I bought for my wife ... I called Taurus the next day there was a ups or fedex buy at my door with a box, he stood there while I dropped the gun in and it was back in a week running perfect and no cost not even the shipping ... and I think you need to make a pretty good gun to have a life time guarntee on the gun ...that is the gun itself no matter if you are the third owner or what they are guarnteed for life .... in the days I heard there where problems but it has been my experience that they are fine guns and I trust my life to it every day ... I was at the range the other day standing next to a guy having an awful time with a nice looking Kimber. but like I said .. it is just my experience

td1622 if you got a Taurus bash from me I did not mean to come across that way. I have been around some of there revolvers and they seem to be well made. I was just wanting to know what the make on mjbskwims problem gun was.

The modern Rossis lever guns have a good reputation for quality and reliability. Taurus bashing kinda reminds me of the old Japan-bashing from a few decades ago. Japanese products were considered substandard when they first started coming to the US. Now no sane person would bash the quality of products manufactured in Japan. I think Taurus has come a long way since the early days.

A 357 carbine would be a dandy under 50 yard blacktail deer hunting rifle. With a nice HP slug and loaded for a carbine it would do very nicely on a Blacktail buck or Doe. 50-75 yards maybe 100 yards if theres no brush no wind and your a good shot with open iron sights maybe.

I have a buddy who has taken 2 Does during the Willamette unit doe hunt with his .357 carbine hunting on the Islands near Jefferson and a single shot has put then down right away.

I have a .357 Winchester Trapper (no longer manufactured) and it is a nice, light and handy rifle. I'm glad I have it and I believe it will be with me the rest of my days. I also have a .357 revolver and like the idea of a rifle and handgun that take the same ammo. Get it and enjoy it!

The modern Rossis lever guns have a good reputation for quality and reliability. Taurus bashing kinda reminds me of the old Japan-bashing from a few decades ago. Japanese products were considered substandard when they first started coming to the US. Now no sane person would bash the quality of products manufactured in Japan. I think Taurus has come a long way since the early days.
No, they don't.
Look at the .22 pump they just came out with.
Working off the rep of their former 62A copy, the new pump isn't even a shadow of that old rifle.
Fail to load, fail to eject, fail to fire. Its simply a failure.
Their QC was definately better 30-40 years ago than it is now.
Either way, I would side with mjbskwim - if you find a 92 copy in.357, best to walk past the Rossi option.
Just too questionable whether you're going to end up with a honey or a lemon.
If it were me, I'd be looking for a B92.

No, they don't.
Look at the .22 pump they just came out with.
Working off the rep of their former 62A copy, the new pump isn't even a shadow of that old rifle.
Fail to load, fail to eject, fail to fire. Its simply a failure.
Their QC was definately better 30-40 years ago than it is now.
Either way, I would side with mjbskwim - if you find a 92 copy in.357, best to walk past the Rossi option.
Just too questionable whether you're going to end up with a honey or a lemon.
If it were me, I'd be looking for a B92.
This thread stopped 11 years ago and the guy you quoted hasn't been seen since '16

Though I appreciate your insights all the same

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top