JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am in Roseburg here.

I don't shoot as often as I would like, but I love Douglas County very gun friendly... Roseburg, about 25,000 people and 3 gun shops in town plus several just out of town and then Sutherlin 7500 people and 1 gun shop in town, this isn't counting the pawn shops. I lived in Southern California for awhile... like ahemmm, as close to hell on earth as you can get, town of 50,000 people and only 1 gun shop. Going fishing, boating, or the beach was like combat... 3,000,000 people all fighting for the same space.... Yuck! So glad to be back in Oregon, I consider Medford more where I am from, but work and prayer brought us to Roseburg, I really love it here. Small town, nice people, locals idea of traffic jam is nothing at all, good food, no sales tax (wooohooo!!!!!!!) I don't know how I ended up in California, but I am so glad to be back in Oregon.

Let's see I am married to the best woman in the world, how I got so blessed I don't know, but thank The Lord. I have two kids Josh 7 and Sabrina 6... Brina thinks she is little Momma, bosses her brother and me, if I let her. But I have a good family and I am thankful for it.

Anyhow that is about all the major points of myself.

I lived in Roseburg for 23 years. Aside from the extremely poor economy and my ex-wife, I miss living there.
I can only think of two gun shops in town-Roseburg Gun Shop and Flying Cloud. What is the third?
Flying Cloud is definitely my preferred gun shop. In fact, I still take the 200-mile round trip to go to Flying Cloud instead of buying locally at Good Guys Guns.

Yeah, Oregon is much better then So Cal. I hated always having to fight to go anywhere or do anything, so many people all wanting to do the same thing. Although, sometimes I do miss the warmer weather... the colder Oregon winters don't always agree with my arthritis (and I am not that old either, not even 40 yet and I have bad hips and arthritic knees, just my luck) But all in all, I will take Oregon over the Peoples Republic of Kalifornia anytime... especially in regards to guns, 10 day waiting period, have to have "permit" to buy handguns (easily attainable, anyone who couldn't pass simple test shouldn't own guns, question about shooting at water and etc.) buy still irritating and another hoop to jump through to exercise our Right.

As to the 3rd, Diamond Dan's sells guns... but then again it might be a pawn shop, so it might not count. Also there is Waldrons, they have a small selection of guns. Can't count, Big 5, Bi-Mart, Wal-Mart or K Mart (if they still sell guns, haven't been in K mart in years)
There's also Buckhorn Guns (I think its called Buckhorn) on Buckhorn Road in Dixonville, not in Roseburg, but it has a Roseburg mailing address.

Flying Cloud is a great place, I love to just go in there and talk to the owners, they are really great people and seem to not mind people coming in just to chat. Although I always buy something, ammo, cleaning supplies or etc.

Are you in Medford, its around 200 miles round trip from Medford to Roseburg. Used to live there, it's a nice place to live too... Wife loves to go shopping there.

Last Edited:
Yeah, Oregon is much better then So Cal. I hated always having to fight to go anywhere or do anything, so many people all wanting to do the same thing. Although, sometimes I do miss the warmer weather... the colder Oregon winters don't always agree with my arthritis (and I am not that old either, not even 40 yet and I have bad hips and arthritic knees, just my luck) But all in all, I will take Oregon over the Peoples Republic of Kalifornia anytime... especially in regards to guns, 10 day waiting period, have to have "permit" to buy handguns (easily attainable, anyone who couldn't pass simple test shouldn't own guns, question about shooting at water and etc.) buy still irritating and another hoop to jump through to exercise our Right.

As to the 3rd, Diamond Dan's sells guns... but then again it might be a pawn shop, so it might not count. Also there is Waldrons, they have a small selection of guns. Can't count, Big 5, Bi-Mart, Wal-Mart or K Mart (if they still sell guns, haven't been in K mart in years)
There's also Buckhorn Guns (I think its called Buckhorn) on Buckhorn Road in Dixonville, not in Roseburg, but it has a Roseburg mailing address.

Flying Cloud is a great place, I love to just go in there and talk to the owners, they are really great people and seem to not mind people coming in just to chat. Although I always buy something, ammo, cleaning supplies or etc.

Are you in Medford, its around 200 miles round trip from Medford to Roseburg. Used to live there, it's a nice place to live too... Wife loves to go shopping there.

Big 5, Bi-Mart, and Wal-Mart don't count. They sell guns, but they aren't gun shops. Diamond Dan's is a "jewelry broker." I think that qualifies them as a pawn shop. I think the place out on Buckhorn is a gunsmith, not an actual gun shop.

I do live in Medford now. It isn't too bad here, but I really miss being able to fish the North Umpqua.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top