JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Not a bad day, got 30 round pmags for $10 each and 500 rounds of 60 grain vmax and a tactical carbine case that was even made in America. Pleased for sure.

Not a bad day, got 30 round pmags for $10 each and 500 rounds of 60 grain vmax and a tactical carbine case that was even made in America. Pleased for sure.

Which table had the $10 pmags? I found the $15 ones.

The early morning lines were very disorganized, took over 30 minutes to get tickets to enter, but decent show none the less.

Well, so much for the firearm and knife only tables. Took my ma to look at something light for her to carry and she left with a diamond ring lol. I didn't buy anything although I was tempted to get a SA TRP from keith's but I held on to my cash. To me, it was pretty crowded and the ammo was through the roof. Like 400 a case for m193 although I saw alot of people leaving with boxes of ammo so who knows.

ammo was through the roof. Like 430 a case for m193

There I fixed it for you:

post_barak_2012_ammo_price.jpg

-Thirtycal

I did see a few half cases of m193 for 199 each but its still over priced. I just thought it was funny that people were buying it. I was just hoping for a box or 2 of 338-378 weatherby but I saw 0

I have never seen it packed like it was his morning. Laughable prices on a lot of things - $32 for 500 CCI small pistol primers? Sheesh that's what it should be for 1000. I left after an hour. Way too many people to actually get a decent look at most of the tables.

Kubrick,

Are you sure you didn't mistake the 500 on the CCI box for the count when it's actually the CCI Primer part number? I bought a box of 1000 CCI small pistol for $32, also saw another dealer asking $34 for the same.

yes that is my understanding and a background check is only required when a private party is buying from or selling to a ffl dealer
Ok, that affirms my understanding, and that up until a few years ago there were no BGCs @ gun shows (I think they used to call it the gun show loop or something) which was then fixed a few years back requiring a BGC even at gun shows (I am assuming @ a gun show when you buy from a dealer there, i.e. not when you buy from a private party there, but I'm not sure of that part).

Mark, can you elaborate about that law that you are referring to or the particular situation? I thought private sales were OK without a BGC or did I miss something?

You missed something.

In the STATE OF OREGON

read

ORS 166.438 - Transfer of firearms at gun shows - 2011 Oregon Revised Statutes

Transfer of firearms at gun shows.(1) A transferor other than a gun dealer may not transfer a firearm at a gun show unless the transferor:

(a)(A) Requests a criminal background check under ORS 166.436 (Firearm transfers by persons other than gun dealers) prior to completing the transfer;

(B) Receives notification that the recipient is qualified to complete the transfer; and

(C) Has the recipient complete the form described in ORS 166.441 (Form for transfer of firearm at gun show); or

(b) Completes the transfer through a gun dealer.

(2) The transferor shall retain the completed form referred to in subsection (1) of this section for at least five years and shall make the completed form available to law enforcement agencies for the purpose of criminal investigations.

(3) A person who organizes a gun show shall post in a prominent place at the gun show a notice explaining the requirements of subsections (1) and (2) of this section. The person shall provide the form required by subsection (1) of this section to any person transferring a firearm at the gun show.

(4) Subsection (1) of this section does not apply if the transferee is licensed as a dealer under 18 U.S.C. 923.

(5)(a) Failure to comply with the requirements of subsection (1), (2) or (3) of this section is a Class A misdemeanor.

(b) Notwithstanding paragraph (a) of this subsection, failure to comply with the requirements of subsection (1), (2) or (3) of this section is a Class C felony if the person has two or more previous convictions under this section.

(6) It is an affirmative defense to a charge of violating subsection (1) or (3) of this section that the person did not know, or reasonably could not know, that more than 25 firearms were at the site and available for transfer. [2001 c.1 §7]

To make this clear ANY SALE of a Firearm subject to a background check if purchased through a FFL dealer, and that any part of the sale is connected with a Gun show is subject to the above law.

If you meet the seller (private party person) at the show and purchase the gun inside the show, You walk out and make the purchase in the parking lot, At the resturant down the street, Even if you call him/her up 2 days later and meet some where. As long as the purchase originated at the gun show or say in the immediate area of the gunshow (like the parking lot) you have to do the gun show background check or conduct the sale through a FFL and a form 4473. Or you are in violation of ORS 166.438

Hope this is clear.

Ok, that affirms my understanding, and that up until a few years ago there were no BGCs @ gun shows (I think they used to call it the gun show loop or something) which was then fixed a few years back requiring a BGC even at gun shows (I am assuming @ a gun show when you buy from a dealer there, i.e. not when you buy from a private party there, but I'm not sure of that part).

Please see above post your understanding is WRONG

There were very few real deals, mostly regular priced stuff. And I thought there wasn't supposed to be any "beanie baby" stuff. Well there was a bunch of that. Not impressed at all.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top