JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
The Rose City Gun Show last weekend was the best show there since it was purchased by the new owners years ago. Just like the good old days. Low on table holders because of so many shows the same weekend. Keep up the good work Wes!

The show SUCKED!! I went with several friends and my brother who all thought the same. The show was small, very few vendors and except for Keith's and NWarmory there was just JUNK it seemed.
I am burned out with this show!! They are now charging $8.00 TO PARK!!! REALLY?? Then the outrageous price of $9.00 to get in to a show that should have been FREE for the junk they had there.
I have spoken to several others since the show and don't think most will return. The show at albany and Rickreall are the shows to attend from what I hear, I think it would be worth the drive!
Sorry MP40Guy but I have to disagree on this one!

I must agree with MP40. This was the largest and best show I have seen in years. I have a large group of friends who attend nearly every show. We all agree last weekends show looks like the beginning of the resurection of the "GOOD" gun shows. The only problems we had were getting thru the crowded isles and getting exhibitors to wait on us cause they were so busy. My recomendation....Check it out youself. There are haters out there who tend to mislead...

Are we talking about the same gun show? Crowded? Hardly! Biggest, not even close. This was far smaller than the show that was in November in the new portion of the expo. It is not about being a "hater" and misleading. I have a friend that attended the show with me in august and said it was okay but the show in Albany near where he lives seems to be a better show. That said, I do enjoy the shows, but, as we talked about in a thread several months ago the cost for the Rose City shows has gotten out of control thus the smaller number of vendors and people showing up.
You guys ought to attend a show in the new portion of the expo and then tell me this show was "Great"!
Maybe you have never been to the other shows so you are the one that is the "hater misleading people".

Are we talking about the same gun show? Crowded? Hardly! Biggest, not even close. This was far smaller than the show that was in November in the new portion of the expo. It is not about being a "hater" and misleading. I have a friend that attended the show with me in august and said it was okay but the show in Albany near where he lives seems to be a better show. That said, I do enjoy the shows, but, as we talked about in a thread several months ago the cost for the Rose City shows has gotten out of control thus the smaller number of vendors and people showing up.
You guys ought to attend a show in the new portion of the expo and then tell me this show was "Great"!
Maybe you have never been to the other shows so you are the one that is the "hater misleading people".

Mr Insertion,
Here is info from the Rose City Gun Shows website - "Our first 2-day Portland EXPO Show held January 8 & 9 was a huge success. A lot of people stopped by the Show Office and complimented us on how large it was, commenting on the “comfortable feeling” of the old building while management for the facility was apologizing for not warming up the building sooner.

The overall attendance was up about 30 percent over a very good November 2010 Show. A larger attendance in 2 days over the 3-day shows? Hmmm…" More available at <broken link removed>

I did as well at this 2-day show as I've done at recent 2-day shows and other vendors I spoke with had the same experience.

Earl G. Nash
2 Nashes, LLC
LWD Certified Armorer for Glock Pistols

Mr Insertion,
Here is info from the Rose City Gun Shows website - "Our first 2-day Portland EXPO Show held January 8 & 9 was a huge success. A lot of people stopped by the Show Office and complimented us on how large it was, commenting on the "comfortable feeling" of the old building while management for the facility was apologizing for not warming up the building sooner.

The overall attendance was up about 30 percent over a very good November 2010 Show. A larger attendance in 2 days over the 3-day shows? Hmmm..." More available at <broken link removed>

I did as well at this 2-day show as I've done at recent 2-day shows and other vendors I spoke with had the same experience.

Earl G. Nash
2 Nashes, LLC
LWD Certified Armorer for Glock Pistols

Okay, I was just looking and maybe it is the difference between the "Rose city Gun show" and the "collectors west gun shows"? I know that this show was smaller, and IMHO full of crap. Not as many vendors as the ones held in the newer portion of the expo. I know you are one of the Glock guys but the fellow from Terrabonne was not in attendance which he is usually seen at all of the shows. Just had a JUNK feel to me and the guys that went with me. Again, my own and their OPINIONS. No need for anyone to get butt hurt over it. Between cost and this show I don't feel like Portland makes much effort for people to attend. I was told no parking fee and $3.00? for Rickreall show which from what I heard(I did not attend) blew portland shows out of the water.
Sorry for sharing an opinion, I will try to refrain next time.

I thought the show was VERY dissapointing, There were a few good vendors there but for the most part it wasn't worth the $17 it cost me just to walk in the door. Will I go again ? I highly doubt it........

This was a gigantic crock of bubblegum. I swore off the Collectors West shows because of the parking fee, the adminission fee, and then verry little bennefit once you are inside. Thought I would check this one out, it was worse. Last time for these too.

Yes Albany is a good show, always has been. Portland use to be a very good show also. Lack of gun vendors was due to so many other shows going on. Still it was the best crowd in years. Try again March 19 & 20th for the Rose City Gun Collectors show.

I live in Tacoma, WA and attend the WA Arms Collector show in Puyallup about 3 times a year. Can anyone on here compare the size and quality of the other shows down South (Centralia, Portland, Rose City, Albany, etc.) with the Puyallup show...if it's worth the travel I would like to attend the other shows.

I remember about 20 years ago I attended a gun show in Portland, it was HUGE!!! Larger then the Puyallup show and the one in Puyallup was one of the largest in the Nation at the time.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top