JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Does anybody on here carry rope or cable while hunting. I am looking for ideas
on what to carry, I always see guy's with big spools or reels. I'm interested in
pic's of your set up if you don't mind sharing.

Thanks, Scott

I carry nylon rope about the size of laundy line it is available in a very small prewound bundle and can come in very handy. It can be used as a body/waste drag for dear, shelter support if needed, splint tie for the first aid kit, getting that monster buck out of a creek bed, etc. It doesnt take up much room and if you buy extra for each member of the hunt group all the better. Once you unwind/use it, it becomes part of the supply for the trunk or behind the seat of your truck as it never is that compact after unwinding.

I carry about 50 ft of Nylon rope in my pack. I have thought about switching to paracord, but I think it might be a little thin to be as useful as the rope, but it would take up less room and handle more weight.

i carry MULE tape. it is half inch webbing with a 1500 lbs rating and is extremely light. you can easily carry 300 to 400 feet without taking any room in your pack or weighing you down.it might be hard to get if your not in the utility business. but i have found it available online.

i carry MULE tape. it is half inch webbing with a 1500 lbs rating and is extremely light. you can easily carry 300 to 400 feet without taking any room in your pack or weighing you down.it might be hard to get if your not in the utility business. but i have found it available online.

+1 on the mule tape.

If you know an electrician, they can get it from a distributor such as "Platt Electric" by the 5 gallon bucket.

Lefty.

+1 on the mule tape. I carry a 1000 yard spool of the 3/4", 2500# rated stuff in my hunting buggy. It won't help in the timber much, but it's handy in the clearcuts. It's also a great way to help a fellow hunter that doesn't have any. If you pull an elk out whole, 600 yards up a steep clearcut...you've made some new friends.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top