JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Ooooweee! Looky dat lootah! Choot em, choot em in dey head!
878FB3E7-4A1F-4960-B1A8-924265381F65.jpeg

"Is that a dude defending his business or a nut job on the roof with a gun?"

I guess the answer to that depends on whether you think all gun owners are GUN NUTS* or people who realize that they are responsible for their own physical security.

*Calling me a GUN NUT really p1sses me off. Liking guns is not a sign of mental illness no matter what the gun grabbers say. I am a FIREARMS ENTHUSIAST, or given that I have a degree in Professional Gunsmithing, a FIREARMS PROFESSIONAL (retired).

Just people protecting their livelihood from otherwise guaranteed theft
Exactly. I would do the same if law enforcement was overwhelmed and there were looters gathered around our business.

Incredulous as it may seem, there are people who think they deserve to have some of what's yours, without having to earn it.

Incredulous as it may seem, there are people who think they deserve to have some of what's yours, without having to earn it.
That does not strain credibility at all; our whole "social safety net" system is based on that principle that it is okay for the gov to take from those that have and give to those that don't (or say they need it). It is in principle theft.

I have encountered very few people who align with my thoughts on the matter - even Libertarian economists (e.g. Hayek) will often assert that there needs to be some kind of government run "safety net" where there is a "wealth transfer".

Given that belief, it is not surprising that some (many?) who have live within that safety net, have come to believe that they can extend that to simply taking whatever they want - directly when the opportunity presents itself.

2 rather callous observations.

1 . He has no cover, or visible support. So it's a good thing for the long gun roof dude that no one had the ability to return fire.

2. I hear children. Bringing your kids out looting seems like bad parenting to me. But , if you came that far for school shoes,put them on point. Those defenders might hesitate before engaging, surrendering the tactical initiative.

"Is that a dude defending his business or a nut job on the roof with a gun?"

*Calling me a GUN NUT really p1sses me off. Liking guns is not a sign of mental illness no matter what the gun grabbers say. I am a FIREARMS ENTHUSIAST,
I agree with you completely however the OP said 'nut job' and was probably equating that to him maybe being a criminal 'shooter' as opposed to someone protecting their property.

I too do not like the term 'gun nut' as applied to a lawful, 'gun enthusiasts' as most of us are however I do not interpret it as a derogatory term either.

Last Edited:
2 rather callous observations.

1 . He has no cover, or visible support. So it's a good thing for the long gun roof dude that no one had the ability to return fire.

2. I hear children. Bringing your kids out looting seems like bad parenting to me. But , if you came that far for school shoes,put them on point. Those defenders might hesitate before engaging, surrendering the tactical initiative.
I could not get it to load right. I do SEE the ONE picture but I don't see the exact story or HEAR anything.

Is it like a You Tube thing online?

I will try it again in a bit.

Cate

No real news story behind this that I can find linked in the post.

This is a Reddit post with a video uploaded. No source cited. This was mentioned in one Reddit reply to the OP: "This happened on Claiborne Avenue in New Orleans." I see nothing in googling it from news sources.

The closest I came was this:

Exactly. I would do the same if law enforcement was overwhelmed and there were looters gathered around our business.

They call that reparations in some circles. Like the Chicago Loop. That's kind of a circle.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top