JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My own camping gear evolution over about 50 years on the trail:
truck front/back seat;
sleep on ground in open;
ground tent;
back packing gear;
Alaskan Camper ("it goes up it goes down");
series of ever longer RV trailers;
23' Chev B+ camper;
suitable roadside hotels & brothels depending.....

The most fun/most comfortable was the pleasant 20 years in the Alaskan, wearing out a series of pickups in the journey.

Each has their advantage. Yes we miss 'camping out'; no we don't miss the crowds, the damnable expense, the wide spread demand for reservations, sometimes A YEAR ahead!; and again, the cost. While we had dedicated & decent quality gear, gassing up & heading for the coast was costing right at $100 not counting eating out etc.

Retired from that aspect of 'camping' and now trying other modes of outdoorsy stuff.

I've been eyeballing those hard wall A-frame trailers lately...:cool:
This guy is pretty cool wid his a frame..

My thoughts?....There are way to many bearded, inked, flannel wearing Hipsters with one attached to their mini SUV's in Portland that will never spend a night in them;).......glad I am outta there.......

Speaking of tents...

My brother bought this for a Mule Deer hunt in Montana last year. IIRC, it was around $900. Then he spent another $500 on the wood stove and chimney for it.

Impressive quality and design, but it weighs around 150lbs. Set up isn't bad.

Each of those windows around the sides can have a sleeping pod attached to it for mini bedrooms.

I dubbed them, "Bear Burritos"...

e_4C5ZUFANyrIPXpr0VAsOWbNy4bGXhav8OZBCE-cTopX92IB.jpg

Last Edited:
I've gone from sleeping in my car, to sleeping in the back of my F250, Roll-a-Cot in the back of the F250, to REI Big Bertha, to Salem Tent & Awning Wall tent, to Tapui rooftop. I still have all these options (except the F250, sold her off).
Here's the thing: nothing is perfect, each has advantages and disadvantages.

Same reason I have more than one shotgun, more than one rifle, and more than one handgun. Choose the one that works best for the situation you're heading into.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top