Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

RONI Trade or sale

Discussion in 'Part & Accessory Classifieds' started by jhoke02, Apr 5, 2011.

1. jhoke02

jhoke02 salem New Member

Brand new RONI never fired. Will sale for 400 or trade for something of interest.(hand gun, black rifle, shotgun) Glock19 in picture does not come with the RONI.

roni gun.jpg

2. DinhRose

DinhRose Austin, Texas (Ex-Pat of SE PDX) Active Member

i think this should be in the parts section and you should list a price. Best of luck

3. bearonautica

bearonautica The Island New Member

How much are you asking?

4. huntpotter

huntpotter SW WA Negotiator Bronze Supporter

So you have to register your glock as an SBR before you can assemble this? Or is the RONI the NFA registered item?

5. jhoke02

jhoke02 salem New Member

being as it is a gun accessory and not an actual fire arm it is some what of a gray area. I have heard it can registered but have not heard of anyone registering it.

6. bearonautica

bearonautica The Island New Member

If you're willing to take the chance, but...

7. huntpotter

huntpotter SW WA Negotiator Bronze Supporter

OK, thanks for answering my question. I probably should pass, because we aren't allowed SBR in WA. Good luck with that.

8. Dizle

Dizle albany, oregon Member

i want to buy it, but i dont know if it is illegal to use on my glock or not, dont wanna go to jail......

9. jhoke02

jhoke02 salem New Member

The actual product does not change the function or build of the gun. This accessory does not require and paperwork through the ATF either, I checked into the laws when I bought it and contacted the ATF in Georgia.

10. pslyke

pslyke Portland Active Member

it says right on their website that its an SBR. ya got a barrel less than 16" and a stock its an SBR.

11. BlackGuns

BlackGuns WA Member

Yeah, but it only becomes an SBR once there is a glock in it. The RONI accessory itself doesn't take mags or have a barrel or a trigger, but it can turn a glock into an SBR... Based on WA laws (from my understanding) you'd have to find a glock that was registered pre-NFA as an SBR to own this thing legally at all... That'll probably be a tough one. If you have the RONI and aren't currently in possession of a glock registered as an SBR before 1989, I'm pretty sure that would be illegal in itself.

12. sweetbeard

sweetbeard Beavertown OreGUN! New Member

did you put this on your gun without sbring it? fail whale.

13. pslyke

pslyke Portland Active Member

i think we are saying the same thing differently...sure the product itself isn't an SBR without the glock in it. but anyone one purchasing it who intends on using it would have to SBR their glock first or risk a stay at Club Fed.

14. BlackGuns

BlackGuns WA Member

That is EXACTLY what I was trying to say haha, no offense meant whatsoever! Your post could have been interpreted that the RONI itself is the SBR, or "Duh, putting your Glock in that thing will make it an SBR, no SBRs in WA". I was just trying to clarify you were probably saying the latter & that it would be a bad thing to be in possession of the RONI at all unless you already owned a registered glock SBR.

15. jhoke02

jhoke02 salem New Member

I guess I have had some miss guided information from a couple different gun stores and an ATF branch office. I don't think the roni by its self is breaking the law. In fact I have been told that the RONI is purely a gun accessory. I have registered SBR's and silencers and I was told that owning the RONI will not require registering it through the ATF because it is not a firearm. Like I said I feel like its a gray area and because of that and all the responses I think I will hold onto this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.