JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Like the last time around with McCain, I am sure that the Liberals would love to see Ron Paul as the candidate. He is no threat to them, since he would never pull the independent vote and the Republicans would lose.

This is true. Or Paul/any other viable candidate with similar beliefs running as a 3rd-party "spoiler".

It'll be interesting to see what happens, that's for sure. I think absolutely anybody could win the presidential race in 2012.

McCain is a progressive. There is not a ton of difference between him and Obama. I believe that the Republicans need to pull their heads out of their butts and put a conservative candidate that abides by the constitution. They are trying to walk the middle line, but in my opinion now would be the time for them to run a good conservative candidate like Reagan. Obama has been pretty similar to Carter. It is time to put another Reagan in power so that we can make our country great again. I believe that as with Carter, people are sick of big government and corruption. I know I am!!!!

I like Palin in some ways, but I don't think she could win. I like what Ron Paul is about in a lot of ways.

A conservative like Reagan? An objective look of Reagan's presidency doesn't yield the seamlessly conservative record being bandied about today. Federal government expanded, the conservative desire to outlaw abortion was never seriously pursued; he broke with the hardliners in his administration and compromised with the Soviets on arms control. His assault on entitlements never materialized; instead he saved Social Security in 1983. And he repeatedly ignored the fundamental conservative dogma that taxes should never be raised.

But as any balanced account must make clear, Reagan acceded to political compromises as all presidents do once in office--and on many occasions did so willingly. In fact, however often unintentionally, many of his actions as president wound up facilitating liberal objectives. What this clamor of adulation is seeking to deny is that beyond his conservative legacy, Ronald Reagan has bequeathed a liberal one.

I think Ron Paul is more in line with what I feel is a conservative view than anyone else running right now.

Great to have just joined and see so many knowledgable RP supporters. I hope he gets taken seriously in the next primary. He's one of the few voices of sanity left in D.C.

If Ron Paul somehow got the Repub nomination we could look forward to four more years of Obama. It really pains me to say that as I like a lot of what I hear from Ron Paul. I just don't think he's electable. I actually think the 2010 mid term elections this year will be FAR more important than the 2012 Presidential election.

However, in 2012, I wouldn't be surprised to see the Dems put someone up to run against Obama in the primaries. I honestly think that could happen.

If Ron Paul somehow got the Repub nomination we could look forward to four more years of Obama. It really pains me to say that as I like a lot of what I hear from Ron Paul. I just don't think he's electable. I actually think the 2010 mid term elections this year will be FAR more important than the 2012 Presidential election.

However, in 2012, I wouldn't be surprised to see the Dems put someone up to run against Obama in the primaries. I honestly think that could happen.

I agree, look for democratic moderates to attempt to retake the party from the radical fringe element that now is in the cat birds seat. During the McCarthy era Obama and Carzs would be in the slammer as enemies of the Republic.

What if we all quit believing that we must choose between the lesser of two evils, and make a choice for liberty? I say screw it - evil is evil, greater or lesser. I will never again vote for anyone I do not believe will support and defend our constitution. I feel safe in saying that most of the incumbents have shown themselves to be either idiots or traitors, and should all be sent to the rear of the unemployment line (or prosecuted) as soon as possible.

Status

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads