JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The only candidate that could stand todays media and information age would have to be 1/2 Jesus Christ and the other 1/2 Santa Claus.

I honestly believe that some wouldn't even accept this unless the 1/2 Jesus 1/2 Santa had their birth certificate in one hand an AR in the other.

I guess I am in the minority here. Yes there are things that I do not like about Romney, but I also lived in Massachusetts when he ran against Ted Kennedy for the senate. The Kennedy family is basically worshiped in Massachusetts and yet Romney gave Ted one heck of a run for his money.
He does have negatives but I believe his positives outweigh them. Unlike the current occupant of the White House, Romney actually understand economics and has ran successful businesses.
We need to keep things in perspective. Right now the US is a ship with a shop apprentice at the helm and people are wondering why they are off course??? i would replace this apprentice with a cabin boy in a heart beat. At least a cabin boy has been on a ship before and probably seen the captain in action.

While I usually tend to vote Republican, being in California definitely slants your view of the repubs, just as much as the democrats.

However, I think both Rush Limbaugh and Mark Steyn have had some very good commentary: We do not need a republican in the whitehouse, we need a conservative. However, I think this view is somewhat myopic in the current construct of political theory. What we really need is another Thomas Jefferson, a Ben Franklin. These men were the cream that rose to the top of the American Revolution. As for the current crop of republican presidential hopefuls, if this is the cream, the milk of our republic has soured and should be discarded.

The problem is the establishment of the republican party fails to see things the same way most of the public does. The public wants less government debt, less government intrusion and over-regulation, and both parties are unwilling to turn off the tap of public benefits that is required to make both of those happen. Since it seems they are unwilling to listen to the results of elections, there are really two options: either we tell them directly, or we start our own party, and run our own candidates. To a large degree this has been happening with the tea party, and the republicans still won't listen. It seems it's time the tea party gets back into the act and throws it's weight around a little bit.

I guess I am in the minority here. Yes there are things that I do not like about Romney, but I also lived in Massachusetts when he ran against Ted Kennedy for the senate. The Kennedy family is basically worshiped in Massachusetts and yet Romney gave Ted one heck of a run for his money.
He does have negatives but I believe his positives outweigh them. Unlike the current occupant of the White House, Romney actually understand economics and has ran successful businesses.
We need to keep things in perspective. Right now the US is a ship with a shop apprentice at the helm and people are wondering why they are off course??? i would replace this apprentice with a cabin boy in a heart beat. At least a cabin boy has been on a ship before and probably seen the captain in action.

Just want I want ... a business man whose company bought other companies, made them profitable by downsizing them (read: fired/laid people off) and then sold the result for a profit. Might be a good business model but it's not what government is or should be. The rest of your comment that suggests that Obama is an apprentice and we are off course is silly. Same could be said of his predecessor. Texas was happy to get him out of the Governor's seat and the Texas Rangers baseball organization was nearly driven into the ground be cause of it's owner turned politician. I am amazed at how short some memories can be. Remember Bush spent like a drunken sailor. It's almost as if everything that is happening now is seen to be the sole fault of Obama ... as if everything is happening in a vacuum.

Just want I want ... a business man whose company bought other companies, made them profitable by downsizing them (read: fired/laid people off) and then sold the result for a profit. Might be a good business model but it's not what government is or should be. The rest of your comment that suggests that Obama is an apprentice and we are off course is silly. Same could be said of his predecessor. Texas was happy to get him out of the Governor's seat and the Texas Rangers baseball organization was nearly driven into the ground be cause of it's owner turned politician. I am amazed at how short some memories can be. Remember Bush spent like a drunken sailor. It's almost as if everything that is happening now is seen to be the sole fault of Obama ... as if everything is happening in a vacuum.

So someone buying a failing company and doing what is necessary to make it profitable and self sustaining again is a bad thing in your opinion?
I guess you'd rather if the company went out of business and everyone lost their jobs.

So someone buying a failing company and doing what is necessary to make it profitable and self sustaining again is a bad thing in your opinion?
I guess you'd rather if the company went out of business and everyone lost their jobs.

Learn to read. I said: "Might be a good business model but it's not what government is or should be."

Learn to read. I said: "Might be a good business model but it's not what government is or should be."

Why would you treat the government any differently than a business? Make the changes that need to be made to save the entity as a whole. 'The other guy did it first' is a silly argument that doesn't hold water.

But we digress. Isn't this supposed to be about gun politics?

The government needs to do some serious downsizing/firing. How many Czars/beauracracies does one country need?

Here's my candidate:

Jesus20AR15.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Why would you treat the government any differently than a business? Make the changes that need to be made to save the entity as a whole. 'The other guy did it first' is a silly argument that doesn't hold water.

But we digress. Isn't this supposed to be about gun politics?

Don't run the government like a gun shop.

My argument isn't that Obama is just an apprentice. It is that he's not even an apprentice in the CORRECT field.

The argument that Bush did it first (spending) is what is silly. I do not know about you, but I do not excuse bad behavior just because someone else did it first. I also do not excuse it because the guy who is doing it is on "my team". However, as someone else pointed out the topics on this board are supposed to be about firearms related topic, so I will drop from commenting any further on this thread.

Ok, seriously, could you just drop the idea of running the government "like a business"? I run a business, and seriously the last thing I need is government competition, regulation is bad enough!

To a great extent what we are arguing about here is exactly what was outlined in anti-federalist paper #1: "The hideous daemon of Aristocracy has hitherto had so much influence as to bar the channels of investigation, preclude the people from inquiry and extinguish every spark of liberal information of its qualities." In that our republic has been so degraded by scope creep (mostly stemming from Roosevelt's administration) that we are no longer able to understand where the true power of the republic lies.

I can hardly blame us, even the eldest among us is young enough not to remember when most of the liberty we should have been born with was taken away leaving us to face the harsh reality of a declining republic without the tools of education or virtue this republic was founded upon.

Before you start talking about how the government needs to run like a business, you should be well versed in how businesses operate, and how government is supposed to operate. The government should not run like a business, it should run like an institution for the public good ensuring equal opportunity, justice, and the fruits and virtues of liberty. This does not happen when you have a class of vocational politicians, who lord over us like the high priests of policy.

Before you start talking about how the government needs to run like a business, you should be well versed in how businesses operate, and how government is supposed to operate. The government should not run like a business, it should run like an institution for the public good ensuring equal opportunity, justice, and the fruits and virtues of liberty. This does not happen when you have a class of vocational politicians, who lord over us like the high priests of policy.

And Government should be limited in its scope to those "activities" that were assigned it in the Constitution. Not chasing every "good idea" and "social engineering experiments" that it seems to have placed in it's area of responsibility.

I think what most mean when they say that Government should operate like a business is that Government should stop spending more than it has coming in. Just like a business expands and contracts with the economy, government should be required to tighten it's belt just like the rest of us when times get tough. When the Government starts spending to "buy prosperity" it usually only buys poverty for most of its citizens.

Couldn't agree more about the comment on vocational politicians. These are the same "aristocracy" that our founding fathers were fighting against. The only thing lacking is a King or Queen but that could change if Hillary Clinton is ever elected President. But then we have the "Stupid Prince" who currently holds the office.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top