JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
ive been lookin into the romanian wasr10s and i want one....

so far i have found that they are inexpensive and reliable, anyone else have any other reviews to add? (owner reviews)

i found a great deal on one, and i wana make sure that im not buying somethin that isnt worth buying.....let me know what u think please

If at all possible, inspect the rifle in person before you purchase it. Some magazines will wobble when inserted (does not affect function). Some suffer from canted sights or gasblocks (might not affect function). Fit and finish can be substandard (but who cares, it looks like an AK that has actually been used). Some snooty folks will tell you not to get it based solely on the appearance, but IMO it is what it is, an AKM clone that functions as you would expect how AK should. I've heard of dogs, but by and large they are 100% reliable right out of the box. For the price, you can not go wrong .

Edit: I am limited in the number of pictures I can post here. My WASR is the second one pictured in this linked thread. http://forums.gunboards.com/showthread.php?185908-my-new-ak-with-vintage-night-scope!.

Keith

If at all possible, inspect the rifle in person before you purchase it. Some magazines will wobble when inserted (does not affect function). Some suffer from canted sights or gasblocks (might not affect function). Fit and finish can be substandard (but who cares, it looks like an AK that has actually been used). Some snooty folks will tell you not to get it based solely on the appearance, but IMO it is what it is, an AKM clone that functions as you would expect how AK should. I've heard of dogs, but by and large they are 100% reliable right out of the box. For the price, you can not go wrong .

Edit: I am limited in the number of pictures I can post here. My WASR is the second one pictured in this linked thread. my new ak with vintage night scope!!.

Keith

This.

The newer 10/63s have been pretty good, most are built out of demilled military AKs, the early WASRs seem to suffer from the most issues. Check for straight sights and mag fit, if they are acceptible you should be good to go.

Had a WASR 10/63 until recently and it thought it was great. Fit and finish left a bit to be desired, there were some rough edges on the internals but the rifle functioned flawlessly and seemed as accurate as an AK should be. For the price, you won't find too many guns that could compare.

first gun I bought was a WASR-10. Only put about 1500 rounds through it before I traded it, but it never gave me any grief, and I've been thinking of getting one again myself. Reliable, fun, and cheap to own/shoot.

Agree with the majority, The main issue is fit and finish. It has nothing to really do with the rifles function at all. AKMs can be worked on just like a car; you can remove, replace and fix just about everything.

As for canted sights, I'd just remove the rear sight and put on the TWS "Dog Leg Rail". And you can always remove the front sight block (FSB) and re-pin or replace that as well.

An AKM belongs in EVERY Collection, just as an (I hate to say it) AR 15 does as well.
Just don't buy into the hype and overpay. Hunt for deals, trades, private sales.
You can't go wrong with an AK.

I would not get a WASR-10, they often have QC issues. They are made from reject parts and are not mil-spec. Look for a WASR-10/63, those are the mil-spec romanian AKs (easy way to tell is to look and see if it has magazine well dimples).

If you don't mind spending a bit more $, Bulgarian AKs or Saiga conversions are very nice.

See, I don't find I have any real problems with AKs that have no magazine well dimples, although I would go for a rifle that had them before I'd grab a slab side version. But I've never had any real problems with ones that don't have dimples. I do see that it keeps the magazine centered better, but I see that the magazines can cause the real wobble issue more so than having dimples or not.

.. Or we could drop this whole Wasr-10/Wasr-10/63 idea,
And go for a Saiga .308! :D
(I own three..They're just too much fun)

Wasr 10 or 10/63. Inside the mag well should be little metal brakets that keep the magazine from wobbling. I believe the bad rap came from the century made wasr 10's as these didn't have them and mag wobbled pretty hard.

Just my $.02 worth.

SF-

Wasr 10 or 10/63. Inside the mag well should be little metal brakets that keep the magazine from wobbling. I believe the bad rap came from the century made wasr 10's as these didn't have them and mag wobbled pretty hard.

Just my $.02 worth.

SF-

I would not get a WASR-10, they often have QC issues. They are made from reject parts and are not mil-spec. Look for a WASR-10/63, those are the mil-spec romanian AKs (easy way to tell is to look and see if it has magazine well dimples).

If you don't mind spending a bit more $, Bulgarian AKs or Saiga conversions are very nice.

10/63s are imported on non-dimpled single stack receivers....they are using de-mlilled AKMs for parts now, which is awesome.

My last 10/63:

IMG_0904.jpg

I’ve only owned my WASR 10/63 for a short time, and I love it. I read enough in my research to decide on a 10/63 over a 10, but the debate between the two models is complicated, and the subject of many a heated debate. Ask questions in the forums, but do your own research on the side.

original.jpg