JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I hear the PSL's are kind of hit or miss. If you get a good one, it's an incredible deal, but inaccurate ones are pretty common. I like the idea of shooting a scoped semi in that big, cheap Mosin Nagant round.

The big problem with PSLs isn't so much varying accuracy, its fit and finish, which can be very good or not so good from rifle to rifle. Being of Romanian manufacture, its is always better to select one in person, if possible, as with their WASRs. Note that, due to the thin barrel, all PSLs will suffer from inaccuracy in the from of vertical stringing if they are rapid fired without giving time for the barrel to cool between shots. My best group ever was a 5" 5-shot group at 300 meters from prone supported, using (most surprisingly) the 1pn34 NV sight, which has a not-very-precise reticule.

Waffen Works currently makes a PSL, built on an NDS receiver, and supplies them with a nice-looking polymer furniture set. Overall the rifle looks pretty good. They call it their 'truck gun'. (They also have a really cool-looking cut-down version called the AK-54 that looks like any other AKM, but bigger and 'punchier'.)

The PSLs more commonly seen, with the skeletonized wooden stock, are completely of Romanian manufacture, with the possible exception of some US parts here and there if needed. Being a rifle limited to 10 rounds capacity, 922r doesn't apply, so you might not find any US parts on it anywhere. Also, if its important to you, some come with a bayo lug, some without; some come with a tacked on muzzle break, some come with the break already loose. Removal of the bayo lug and tack welding of the muzzle brake aren't required by law, but for some reason some of the new ones are still coming this way. Something to consider...

Keith

There is a guy on this forum (his name is NWShortie)... he is an FFL in Salem, but you can ask Andrew at Ortwein International to help you with the transfer. He used to sell complete, new, unfired PSL's for $550-600. And if you need anything related to optics for Dragunov, Saiga, VEPR, etc. you can always buy from http://www.kalinkaoptics.com/?gclid=CMHxjvGrnaICFQ1biAodkFV4xA They're awesome ... I just bought a Red Dot from them that I believe is much better than an Aimpoint ...

A used SVD/PSL.. dirty for $499.. I'd pass, unless you could talk them down.
Don't get me wrong, I'd buy one on the spot too, but pawn shops almost always overprice.
See if they'd do $400.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads