Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Romanian AK Wasr-10 or XD-40

Discussion in 'Rifle Discussion' started by evilgnomes, Apr 29, 2012.

1. evilgnomes

evilgnomes Marysville New Member

alright guys, I am looking into finally getting a gun, I am either looking into a XD-40 or a Romanian AK-47 WASR-10. Amazingly the AK is cheaper by $20. they may be ordered online depending if i cant get a price match. What would you choose for a first firearm?

2. LyleLovett666

LyleLovett666 Seattle Active Member

Go with the xd.Remember that if you order the gun online you will likely have to pay a fee to the holder of the ffl as well as state sales tax.

3. RedneckRampage

RedneckRampage Newberg Well-Known Member

For a first gun I'd go with the XD, well, I'd go with a Glock cause I really dislike XDs, but that wasn't your question. I love AKs, but a handgun is way more useful than a rifle. Ordering online isn't as good as it seems, buy local if you can.

4. evilgnomes

evilgnomes Marysville New Member

will do, the other one that has been tempting me is a mosin nagant rifle. Dirt cheap, reliable. Ill go with the XD, its on layaway.

I may get the mosin nagant first just to start out. i am impatient sadly.

5. DinhRose

DinhRose Austin, Texas (Ex-Pat of SE PDX) Active Member

We are all impatience in one fashion or another. If you can find the ak for cheap then I would get that. Everyone who bought a handgun first always want a rifle next. Somehow the opposite of that isn't always the case

6. RedneckRampage

RedneckRampage Newberg Well-Known Member

Good choice, I'd still put the extra $100 for a Mosin toward the XD and get it first.

7. stlarm88

stlarm88 Bellingham, WA Member

One of my first rifles was a 91/30 Mosin Nagant. Never regretted it, or the M44 Nagant I purchased a little while later. Personally I'd buy the XD and/or Nagant, then save up for a better AK than a WASR-10, or at least nothing made by Century. If you go to AKworld.com there are lists of ak models listed from crap to over-priced, it will help you make an informed decision. Also, watch out for slant receiver Aks, nothing wrong with them except only specific stocks will fit them.