JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
alright guys, I am looking into finally getting a gun, I am either looking into a XD-40 or a Romanian AK-47 WASR-10. Amazingly the AK is cheaper by $20. they may be ordered online depending if i cant get a price match. What would you choose for a first firearm?

For a first gun I'd go with the XD, well, I'd go with a Glock cause I really dislike XDs, but that wasn't your question. I love AKs, but a handgun is way more useful than a rifle. Ordering online isn't as good as it seems, buy local if you can.

For a first gun I'd go with the XD, well, I'd go with a Glock cause I really dislike XDs, but that wasn't your question. I love AKs, but a handgun is way more useful than a rifle. Ordering online isn't as good as it seems, buy local if you can.

will do, the other one that has been tempting me is a mosin nagant rifle. Dirt cheap, reliable. Ill go with the XD, its on layaway.

I may get the mosin nagant first just to start out. i am impatient sadly.

One of my first rifles was a 91/30 Mosin Nagant. Never regretted it, or the M44 Nagant I purchased a little while later. Personally I'd buy the XD and/or Nagant, then save up for a better AK than a WASR-10, or at least nothing made by Century. If you go to AKworld.com there are lists of ak models listed from crap to over-priced, it will help you make an informed decision. Also, watch out for slant receiver Aks, nothing wrong with them except only specific stocks will fit them.