Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Rolling Steel Target

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by NCW Ray, Jan 19, 2012.

1. NCW Ray

NCW Ray Sunny Eastern Washington Active Member

Wow, received my Impact 45 Rolling Steel target the other day, haven't had a chance to try it out yet...almost a foot of new snow on the ground with more coming. But boy howdy, I think if you shoot it at the manufacturers recommended minimum distance of 25 yards it will definitely separate the "Light bars/Level & Trigger Press" shooters from the "Spray N Pray & Trigger Jerk" shooters. Your target is about 3 ½” wide x 2 ½” high (I couldn't get my tape-measure to stretch the extra 1/4" like they did, not a complaint, just 1/4" more challenging :D). But it sure looks like it might be just a bit more fun than punching paper! Can't wait to try it out!

2. Skang

Skang WA Well-Known Member

Interesting. Seem like better than small orange color polymer rolling target.

3. Ironbar

Ironbar Tigard, OR Well-Known Member

Now THAT'S a clever reactive target! I like it!

4. MarkAd

MarkAd Port Orchard Well-Known Member

interesting. I would not shoot closer than 25 yrs. The reason is simply called ricochets. I wish I had a place to try it.
    i might even buy one.

5. NCW Ray

I finally got the opportunity to take the new target out and give it a try and let me put it this way...I was really humbled by it!:eek: I put it out about 18-20 yards and let me tell you those LITTLE 3 ½” wide x 2 ½” high target heads on them are REALLY LITTLE at that distance...suffice to say this Rolling Steel Target will last me for many years to come!:laugh: I was using my M&P40 and when I did manage to hit them it worked as advertised, and during this outing no ricochets came back at me.

6. livewire98801

livewire98801 Seattle, WA Member

I know a good Optometrist... just sayin' ;)

7. NCW Ray

I've seen you shoot...I think I'll pass on your "good Optometrist" recommendation.....just sayin' :laugh:

8. livewire98801

livewire98801 Seattle, WA Member

heynow... just 'cause I KNOW the gal doesn't mean I can afford to GO...

/spare change for new glasses?

9. safetyman

safetyman Clark County, WA Active Member

My local gun shop has a few of these. Thought about buying one until I saw the price! No doubt it's a cool concept though.