JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Don't forget the Bank Maggots. Saw a lot of them squatting in their shacks near the confluence of the Willamette/Clackamas rivers.
The only time you saw them near a vehicle was when their wives came around to yell at them about drinking up their unemployment checks.

According to BillyRay Cyrus, Rednecks are unionized laborers, whereas I think hillbillies just tend stills and spend a lot of time with family... o_O

I'm going to start calling those people bridge trolls, almost hit a really stupid one once.
I'd float to heritage from Mack's or beaver tail. Should probably hire a guide tho.

I'd float to heritage from Mack's or beaver tail. Should probably hire a guide tho.
You should have some time on the sticks and reading water with a boater's eye as opposed to a fisherman's eye.
There's nothing in there that you can't read and navigate.
It does help to know however, that you don't take Rattlesnake on river-right.

Done a little on the John Day, but that's pretty calm compared to what I imagine. I'll look at some information about that stretch and floating it. Probably just going to walk up one of these days. I hear that roe works well there that time of year.

You should have some time on the sticks and reading water with a boater's eye as opposed to a fisherman's eye.
There's nothing in there that you can't read and navigate.
It does help to know however, that you don't take Rattlesnake on river-right.

There is a series of written river guides that is helpful. But nothing beats experience on the water. I like to travel with or behind a friend when boating new water.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top