JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Jury Finds Roderick Scott Not Guilty
By: Mike Hedeen
verdictscott648c7061-1ef7-45a3-a475-605b7272c712.jpg
Not guilty: The verdict in the manslaughter trial of Roderick Scott. After more than 19 hours of deliberations over two days, a jury acquitted the Greece man in the shooting death of Christopher Cervini, 17, last April."I just want to say thank you to the people who believed in me, who stood by me,” Scott said following the verdict. “I still have my regrets for the Cervini family; it's still an unfortunate situation for them. I am happy that at least this chapter is over."
As deliberations dragged on over two days and the jury asked for testimony to be read back, Scott admits he didn't know how it would all turn out.
"I was nervous of course,” he said. “You never know what direction this whole thing is going to turn, so I have no idea. But it worked out and I feel that justice (was) served today."
Cervini's family members say justice wasn't served. They say Christopher was murdered in cold blood, that he'd never been in trouble and Scott acted as judge, jury and executioner.
"The message is that we can all go out and get guns and feel anybody that we feel is threatening us and lie about the fact,” said Jim Cervini, Christopher’s father. “My son never threatened anybody. He was a gentle child, his nature was gentle, he was a good person and he was never, ever arrested for anything, and has never been in trouble. He was 16 years and four months old, and he was slaughtered."
Scott says he acted in self defense when he confronted Cervini and two others saying they were stealing from neighbors cars. He told them he had a gun and ordered them to freeze and wait for police.
Scott says he shot Cervini twice when the victim charged toward him yelling he was going to get Scott.
"How can this happen to a beautiful, sweet child like that?” asked Cervini’s aunt Carol Cervini. “All he wanted to do was go home. And then for them to say, he was saying, 'Please don't kill me. I'm just a kid,' and he just kept on shooting him."
Scott says the last seven months have been difficult for him and his family. If he could go back to the events in the early morning hours of April 4, there are things he says he would do differently.
"If it meant a person not losing their life, absolutely,” he said. “Would I still have tried to stop what was going on? That I would have done. But if I knew ahead of time that I could do something to help somebody from losing their life, I don't want anyone to lose their life."
Scott says the first thing he was going to do was go home and get a good night sleep. When asked if he'll continue living in his current home, which is just one street away from the Cervini's, he said “for the time being.”

On another note.

gamarinebeat.jpg

What a travesty. A brave marine, Zachary Gamble of Georgia, who served two tours in Iraq got into an altercation with four men in a parking lot. He paid with his life.
This isn't recent. This occurred March 25, 2012. Whi is this story relevant today? Because it occurred less than a month after the Zimmerman-Trayvon Martin (Feb 26, 2012) incident. Do you have any clues as to why the media chose to go all in on the Zimmerman-Martin story as opposed to this one involving an American hero?
Here is a picture of the four suspects.

gamarinebeat2.jpg
From Daily Mail:
Police have arrested four suspects in connection with the beating death of a former U.S. Marine who was found unconscious outside of a party at a Cobb County, Georgia, apartment complex in March.
According to the <broken link removed> , Arthur Batchelor, 37, Tarell Secrest, 36, and Jason Hill, 35, were taken into custody on Tuesday for allegedly killing 34-year-old Zachary 'Zach' Gamble. Another suspect, 38-year-old Sean Hall, of Atlanta, was arrested on Monday.
Hall is also accused of violating his probation stemming from a DUI conviction in 2009, according to the <broken link removed> .
All four suspects have been charged with felony murder, aggravated assault and aggravated battery. They are being held without bail in the Cobb County Adult Detention Center, police say. On Tuesday, the victim's mother, Tina Robbins, told the Marietta Daily Journal that she was 'elated' that arrests have been made in her son's killing.
Gamble, of Acworth, Georgia, was attending a friend's birthday party in the Concord Chase Apartments near Smyrna on March 25 when he got into an altercation with a group of men in the parking lot, according to investigators.

Police would not explain what happened next, only saying that they received a call from a taxi driver at 6am who reported having struck Gamble.
When officers arrived on the scene, the 34-year-old man was discovered unconscious on the ground. Police, however, believe Gamble's fatal injuries did not stem from being hit by a vehicle.
Gamble was taken to Wellstar Kennestone Hospital in Marietta, where he was removed off life support on April 8 without ever regaining consciousness.

While Gamble's autopsy results have not been made public, the victim's relatives have said that Gamble died from severe head trauma.
Gamble, who served two tours of duty in Iraq between 2001 and 2005, is survived by his 7-year-old son, Luke.
Here is a more recent picture of Gamble and his son Luke.
gamarinebeat3.jpg

I find the Media circus disgusting and biased. They'll turn one incident into national headlines and ignore others to push the Agenda of the Liberal/Progressives and their handlers.

The Marine, Zachary Gamble is a good example of when we need to apply the death penalty !
ALL 4 of them !

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top