JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Howdy

Just want to put the word out that Climb Max Mountaineering, via the Access Fund, is hosting the Rocky Butte Spring Cleanup on May Day (May 1, this coming Suday). Will be cleaning up routes and all the trash and nastiness that collects throughout the year... all helpers will be fed free burgers and climbing guides, and there will be climbing once the cleaning it done.

9am start... just show up to the cliff area, find the work station area (not sure where exactly it'll be), and say "what can I do?" Bring some disposable gloves, and hand sanitizer.

Well on this note, don't forget the weekend after(if your not to tired) is the annual Smith Rock Spring Thing!!! Same style thing, cleanup the park build new trails. Afterwords is an auction for climbing gear and beer from deschutes brewery and all you can eat burritos.

We once found a dead body at the Butt, that was pleasant. I also chopped a bunch of bolts there too. Some dolt installed a bunch of TR anchors into loose stones you could move by hand! It's been years since I climbed there (or anywhere). Some of those routes must be incredibly polished and greasy by now. Spent many an hour doing laps on the castle at the top and that stone block retaining wall up there, too. Good times...

Some of those routes must be incredibly polished and greasy by now.

of all the established climbing areas in oregon, i bet rocky butte gets climbed the least. add to that the fact that they get dumped on 9 months out of the year, the worst you have to deal with is mud crust and moss

i think it's just got a bad rep. all the established climbers complain about glass in their rope, and the new guys get ears full about condoms and syringes all over, so they just dont ever go. i can't tell you how many young but experienced climbers i've met who have NEVER been to rocky butte.

its fine with me- i love that it's empty 9 out of 10. i use a rope sheet and flick the rubbers off into the scrub with a twig. prob solved.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top