Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Rock River Arms vs Stag Arms Left handed AR's

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by Hamtaro1085, Dec 1, 2012.

1. Hamtaro1085

Hamtaro1085 Seattle, WA New Member

Has anyone here had a chance to compare the 2 yet? i recently heard that RRA has released a full left handed model too? If you lefties had to choose? which brand would you guys rather go with?

2. 2Wheels4Ever

2Wheels4Ever Portland Well-Known Member 2015 Volunteer

For the right hand models I would go with RRA, I am not sure if that would carry over to the left hand models or not. RRA has better staking, feed ramps, and overall fit and finish from what I have seen. Plus the RRA two stage trigger is way better than what Stag uses.

3. mjbskwim

mjbskwim Salmon,Idaho Well-Known Member

The top guy at Stag is actually a lefty
    The 2 stag arms I have had have been very accurate
    Been 7-8 years since I had a RRA and didn't shoot it much.
    That's all I got

4. xlsbob

xlsbob coos county Platinum Supporter Platinum Supporter

I'm really happy with my left handed Stag but if someone wanted to give me a Rock River I'd be ok with that too. Its great to have even one maker of left handed AR type rifles let alone having to make a choice between several.

5. PDXSparky

PDXSparky Keizer / Hillsboro Well-Known Member

RRA will only sell complete lefty AR's while Stag will sell just the uppers. Hope my son likes the Stag lefty upper I got for him for Christmas. It will go on the Spike's Punisher lower I also got him for Christmas.

6. good2eat

good2eat Great NW Member

I recently made this decision myself. Decided to go with the Rock River, liked the feel of it better. Both are quality so I dont think you can go wrong with either.

7. Hamtaro1085

Hmm does anyone know the difference between the 2? Would it be worth it to invest in the "plus package" that stag offers. I think it's like milspec spec With 1:7 twist barrel. And all that other extra goodies that a upper end ar would come with. I think.

8. eldbillbo

eldbillbo clackamas New world samurai and a redneck none the less Bronze Supporter

brand name pretty much. Stag offers them with a 1/7 4150 mil spec barrel as well so its not that ,

RRA ejection port cover flips down like a right handed model does where stag flips up so the bolt release is also designed for lefty where as the Stag uses a right handed lower thus the RRA would be a true lefty because its not just a left handed upper its a left handed upper and lower.

But other than that is down to product loyalty and i am loyal to Stag as i have been nothing but pleased with them both in service and quality . they are also going to release a left handed .308 ar rifle as well. Hopefully soon.

9. mjbskwim

mjbskwim Salmon,Idaho Well-Known Member

10. Hamtaro1085

Man this sucks... Stag has announced that they are two years behind production because of the damn potential ban.. I shoulda bought one last years