JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Better familiarity would be my guess. I realize that those operators COULD use battlefield AKs but, you don't know the condition of the weapon. Also, while fully capable of using it, most US military has much greater muscle memory with an AR platform.

Yes i think the condition of battlefield ak's are the reason US military would be weary of using them, The taliban have some pretty sketchy weapons, homemade firing pins, nails in place of rivets, broken duct taped stocks, totally shot out barrels, Taliban 'snipers' are known to use WW1 era enfield .303's with shot out barrels and taped together stocks, Alot of those captured weapons are as dangerous to the operator as they are too the intended target. THE GUN (a social history of the ak47) by cj chivers is an excellent read and deals in depth with captured enemy weapons.

As for an AR that takes Ak magazines seems like a waste of time to me, especially at that kinda price.

Well, realistically you are talking about SEALs, Delta, Force Recon, and Green Berets. USSOCOM put out the request for these, so these are 18 year old wet behind the ears kids, we are talking Tier 1 operators.

In that case the AK is one of the most simple CQC rifles out there and they should be able to just pick one up and use it

I don't like the Idea of opening up a standard AR bolt face to accept the 7.62. This could really weaken it.

Dose it have a chrome lined barrel? I would want to shoot some corrosive ammo. Plus I would want a chrome chamber for steel case ammo.

But if they shoot good. And don't break. I would want one.
My sig 556 is based on the AK. But takes AR mags. I may as well have an AR that takes AK mags.
Even though I have AK's and AR's. That are just AK's and AR's.

So confusing?

20150120_222538.jpg 20150120_223015.jpg 20150120_102450.jpg
First impression is that it looks exactly like my Special Weapon AR47. It just have more tacticool on it because I ordered a Delta version. It wont accept drum magazine, my AR47 does. I am able to swap the upper and lower between them both. So far everything seem working well but no test firing yet. Can't wait this weekend.
20150120_222350.jpg