JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
What is it with RRA buying either failed designs or designs from failed businesses? ( I guess that could be the same thing...:s0112: )

First the FAL mag .308 AR that Bushmaster could never get to work right and now a copy of the Knights>Special Weapons>couple of others...I don't get it...

Overall I've always liked RRA's quality. I've always had good experiences with them.

Now, I've not handled this particular platform but I've always liked the idea of this one. I've seen it before, and the idea of picking up any old AK mag and using it in an AR seemed like a fun idea to me. As Unka-Boo pointed out I think Knights did it first, not many were made.

As for the price, well a lot of ARs are in that price range. So it seems about right for me. But eh.

It's not a bad price for an AR,just no need when an AK shoots as good or better(some say) in the same caliber,for half the money. The fact that it takes AK mags is great cause the AR mags didn't so well(?) with 7.62X39
And since it's proprietary ,for me,the X39 just doesn't make sense in the AR platform,unless it runs better with the DI system than the piston

So go buy one and do a report for us.Maybe the accuracy is way better

Well, the barrel has to be better than a standard AK barrel, right? But I agree, if you are using the same bulk mil-surplus ammo I wonder how much difference you will actually see.
M

First it is not about the price :) some of us have a rifle well over 2K. like I said I do like 7.62 rounds I am not planning to shoot surplus ammo (ok, i will try the perfomance of it) all I want is to use the same mags as my AK pistol ha ha ha. I will wait for other to test functional. Before I will buy one, i dont want another sour gun like Kimber Solo :-(

First it is not about the price :) some of us have a rifle well over 2K. like I said I do like 7.62 rounds I am not planning to shoot surplus ammo (ok, i will try the perfomance of it) all I want is to use the same mags as my AK pistol ha ha ha. I will wait for other to test functional. Before I will buy one, i dont want another sour gun like Kimber Solo :-(

I have those too but not in 7.62 x 39.. it simply does not compute, IMO when the alternatives are so much better for the $$

For that money you can almost buy a Uberti Sharps 45-70

Overall I've always liked RRA's quality. I've always had good experiences with them.

Now, I've not handled this particular platform but I've always liked the idea of this one. I've seen it before, and the idea of picking up any old AK mag and using it in an AR seemed like a fun idea to me. As Unka-Boo pointed out I think Knights did it first, not many were made.

As for the price, well a lot of ARs are in that price range. So it seems about right for me. But eh.

Knights Armament made 7 supposedly, 6 went to USSOCOM and 1 stayed at the company HQ in the museum. It was basically a response to SOCOM's demand for a rifle that could easily shoot battlefield AK mags and had a silencer. During Sept/Oct/Nov it became apparent that operators in Afghan were fighting in the caves too much and literally running out of ammo. So they put out a call for an AR type rifle that could use battlefield AK mags. LMT, Robinson Arms, and KAC all submitted entries. RobArms submitted an AK mag, shortened version of the M96, and KAC made the SR-47. The SR-47 won but, it was quickly determined that it was far too picky with mags and was constantly having stoppages. The project was scrapped.

So realistically, the only reason this design exists is to have a familiar platform and shoot dead terrorist's ammo. I think, if anything,it's more of a bling piece. Personally, i think it looks pretty cool and most people at the range aren't going to know what it is much less have ever seen one.

AKs are in general super reliable and good out to 300+ yards

I do see the argument that an 18 year old grunt is not likely to be proficient with one until he is trained. I can't see why Boot camp does not have a day for AK familiarization but these days there's a lot more wrong with our military so I guess it's not worth dragging out here

Well, realistically you are talking about SEALs, Delta, Force Recon, and Green Berets. USSOCOM put out the request for these, so these are 18 year old wet behind the ears kids, we are talking Tier 1 operators.