JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Well, finally found this place. It's open at least of last weekend. Was up tuning my shotgun and just a word of warning, somebody else came up to shoot, he didn't because it started raining but while he was waiting and deciding he and his SO walked around and picked up some garbage and he said he saw something like a grow operation going on. May want to be careful if you go up there alone.

It would be good if someone that's been up there recently could report the grow to LE. I know they are everywhere nowadays but it would be nice to have a place to shoot without having to deal with shady undesirables. Just a thought...

Contacting ODFW is good, honestly I wouldn't bother with the local PD. Instead I would let clackamas county sheriffs know. I see the sheriffs up there a lot more than molalla police.

I wish they would open the gate ( removal preferred ) . I know my neighbors wish they would . While I'm a responsible/considerate shooter it still blows......I've got good back-stop + few acres to muffle noise but ! They don't shoot and if they do its " wood-guns not black-guns " My hand is tired from monthly " knock-talks " with neighbors. We've exchanged contact info just in case of " special no shoot days " I MADE SURE TO INCLUDE ODFW/STATE REPRESENITIVE CONTACT INFO AS WELL . HOPEFULLY ALL THE EFFORTS PUT FORTH " CLEAN-UPS " CAN GET US BACK IN THE WOODS . I AM TWO BLOCKS FROM NORTH FORK BRIDGE , WHY SHOULD I HAVE TO DRIVE TO MEMALOOSE TO SHOOT . HELP........

Waiting for that gate to open too. Want to take my son out with his new .22. We're new to molalla and hoping for a place to go that's closer than the memaloose area. Anyone know anything about outdoor spots further out sawtell road? Thinking of taking a drive out there.

Welcome to Molalla , I'll get some directions sent your way ( Sawtell rd ) Its no gravel pit , your looking at dead-end roads with clear-cut back stop . It can get a little hairy without a pit , not everyone understands the concept and requirement of SUBSTANTIAL back stop . You could let him pop a box in my yard ......no worries

Agree with cooper. Remember to only shoot with a substantial berm and backstop, and ensure no living things cross your line of fire. Hikers, mushroom gatherers and plant foragers can wander to unusual places and are sometimes deaf or oblivious to shooting activity. You will be liable for any accident.

Recently I've had deer wander into my range too, so scan for critters as well.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top