JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Got my new Rock Island Nickel Tactical the otherday and did some paper punching. Only shot a few rounds and then for fun put up a coupla targets. This pistol is really nice. IMG_3252_1.jpg

IMG_3245_2.jpg

AndyH, I have some grips from my Colts, wood ones and Hogue rubber. Have to get in the toy box and find some. I like wooden grips. I think this Rock Island is a steal, trigger feels just like my Gold Cup. I bought it as a fun gun, just to shoot .45 once in awhile. Bill

Bill

Excellent Choice I put some nice Fusion wood grips as well on mine.
Looked good felt good was super accurate. Not sure why I sold it.....
O yea needed the $$ for a different toy.

Coool. I juss bought the rock island armory standard full size 1911 last weekend at the pdx gun show, ran a box of ammo through it ,,with no hiccups.. seems like it is of good value for the price,, alot cheaper than the high end 1911's. and still functioned flawlessly.jus my .02 worth.

Parallax, these Rock Islands are really nice. Basically replica Colts made in the Phillippines, all the Colt parts fit and you can modify them with drop in parts. Don't be thrown off by the made outside the U.S., these are fine pistols. I have Colt 1911's and these Rock Islands are good guns. Bill

Dobanion, if .38 super didn't cost so much I sure would have one in that caliber, it is a great caliber.Can be like a 9mm on steroids, and in a heavy 1911 a pussy cat to shoot. Hope yiou get one and pas onthe pics and info. I shoot 9mm or .45 now with 32ACP as a bac-up. In Cowboy action, .38 or .45 Colt. Bill

I reload, so the cost of 38 super wouldn't be an issue.

I do 9mm, 223, and 357 reloading now. My 357s are "cowboy" rounds, loaded with 4.5 grains of Trail Boss with a 125gr cast bullet. Very mild. I like to use 357 brass over 38, to get the bullet closer to the rifling. Single action revolver, and a 1894 lever.

Dobanion, what is your Cowboy handle? Mine is Capt. Bat Guano, Bat for short from the Thunderbox Ranch, Claim Jumpers for Hire. Coupla single action Rugers, have my choice either .38 or .45., 1892 Lever rifle in .45., double barrel outside hammer 20 gauge.Haven't been reloading the .38 yet, have a coupla hundred rounds of re-manufactured lead stuff to use, but I like that idea of the .357 brass for reloading, I have a small pile of that. Bill

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top