JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Working over a feed ramp is way over rated. A proper magazine will deliver the round to bump the upper portion of the ramp, then into the chamber it goes.

The problem is it's one of the first "fixes" alot of people try by tackling it with a dremel!

That would be a stretch, it can be done with a milling machine pretty easily, assuming the error is material positive instead of material negative. Meaning, if there is excess material it can be cut away, if there isn't then everything else in the lockup will have to be changed, a daunting challenge for anyone.

I thought the "D" word was a no, no.

Doall milling machine? :s0114:

Sorry I should have clarified. Alot of people take the polishing of the feed ramp too far, usually by means of a dremel to speed the process up. If the feedramp is so bad that it needs to be milled I'd be sending the gun back to the manufacturer.

If you have the urge to use a dremel on a gun, first thing to do is lay it on the road and run over it with your car a few times. That should ease the urge some.

As for the fed ramp not being in spec, well that goes without saying.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top