JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
On Thursday morning the Bat Phone rang with a frantic California farmer on the line. "Please help I am overrun with rock chucks!!" My reply was "on my way"

Arrived Thursday afternoon and commenced to shooting. Weather was cool and windy which keeps the chucks out all day. I started on the hay barns with the CZ in 17HMR Here are couple of pix of the CZ and it's handiwork:
RChaybale_zps289cdd61.jpg
RC17hmr_zps82bfbdc2.jpg

In the afternoon I would position myself around 150 yards from a rock pile bordering an alfalfa field. Here is a pic of the work my Howa 223 is capable of:
RCHowa_zps91259822.jpg

On Friday my Ruger 77 in 223 started crying because of neglect. Here is a picture of a happy Ruger:
RCruger_zpsc1bee677.jpg

I would also drive around looking for chucks in the rock piles and see this:
RCfromtruck_zpsdec9a328.jpg

I spotlighted one night for jackrabbits.
jacks_zps65d09c30.jpg

On Sunday at noon I was eating lunch and packing to go home when I totaled the results, 189!! Well I had to try for 200 so I kept shooting and finally left at 1309 with an even 200 rock chucks!! Yep 200 rock chucks in 2 full days and two half days. The farmer was very happy.

Nice. I didn't realize rock chucks were so big either. I have trouble with sage rats, but I might actually be able to hit one of those....naw, probably not.....but it's sure fun trying!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top