JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Do any of you guys have one of these, or experience with them?

I'm looking at the marriage between Ak and AR pros, eliminating the cons of each and asking myself if this isn't the perfect assault style rifle.

Be interested hear youralls opinions both ways.

Thanks.

Yea, there was something I heard that when the XCR came out it lost a big contract to some other weapon---maybe the Sig 556, I can't remember, but it lost on some technicality and the govt. contract went to another rifle.

I held an XCR at a gun store and was pretty impressed. The guy behind the counter was saying it was pretty much the future because it had mixed the two AR AK platforms. I like that Robinson is made all in the USA too.

I'm still breaking mine in, but it has been eating every ammo I feed it and no hiccups. It shoots tight groups and all I can say is go for it. RA builds nice guns.

3.jpg

Fellas,

I have a dealer relationship with Robinson Arms. Here is their web address. http://www.robarm.com

If you follow the Order tab, it will let you "build" your rifle and it will give you the retail price.

If you're interested (or just curious), give me a call, email or pm me with a configuration you think you would like and I can tell you how much I can save you on one of their rifles. Usually a couple hundred dollars.

Joe

Boomstick:

Not to call anyone out, but there are, I believe, only a couple units allowed to deviate from the standard procurement process for primary weapons systems. And neither currently is fielding XCR. And over 1200 SCARS have already been delivered to some of those units with (according to Jane's) another 20,000 on the way. Rangers have them in fielding tests with FN, as do some others at SOCOM. So what unit is your brother with, and how is it they're looking at XCR?

Boomstick:

Not to call anyone out, but there are, I believe, only a couple units allowed to deviate from the standard procurement process for primary weapons systems. And neither currently is fielding XCR. And over 1200 SCARS have already been delivered to some of those units with (according to Jane's) another 20,000 on the way. Rangers have them in fielding tests with FN, as do some others at SOCOM. So what unit is your brother with, and how is it they're looking at XCR?

There are over 86,000 SCARS in service right now.

cocktailer,

I understand that you're a Mod, but do you have a cite for that? Currently, according to both Army Times and FN's Senior Manager for Assault weapons are saying something else. The initial SOCOM fielding and testing goes until December, and then a larger order beyond that. Although neither is saying total deployment, they are both pretty recent postings. SOCOM only got the first 600 in April according to the Times.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top