JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Ok, its been a week or so... and here is an update...

She has a Glock Subcompact in the purse, and pepperspray on her hip. We are looking into getting a IWB type holster that she can wear at work that people wont notice. I think that is the best I can do for now... I just go a promotion at work and so she may not have to work or at least work as much, so that is good news also!

You can raise the bridge or you can lower the river, and I'm surprised that no one has mentioned an alternative defense: a ballistic vest. A Level II is both concealable and affordable, and it's not against any employer's rules. Even if it's not a "stab vest," it'll at least slow down/deflect a blade, as well as stopping most pistol rounds.

So how would this have played out had one of the customers been a concealed license holder?

If weapons arent allowed, what about a dog?

It may sound funny, but there's usually a dog at the late night / all night coffee shops around here.
If she's opposed to carrying or finding a new job, it may be enough of a deterrent.

Perhaps safety windows with smaller openings also.

This is why most places will not serve a walk-up.

Thinking outside the box here. Have them stock WASP spray in can. It has a 20' to 30' range in a single stream and will blind them.

Wow. What a stupid guy. It would of been funny if some guy just walked up behind him and put a carotid choke on him.

I wouldn't try that if he had a gun or knife.. both can easily be reversed into your groin. I would, however be happy to vaporize his skull if I had the right angle and the drop on him

I wouldn't try that if he had a gun or knife.. both can easily be reversed into your groin. I would, however be happy to vaporize his skull if I had the right angle and the drop on him

Not if you pull their arm up. Wouldn't do it with a gun. A knife doesn't go bang so it's hard to stab someone behind your back (unless of course their arm isn't restrained) . Of course, I probably wouldn't do it anyways. A frightened barista probably isn't worth all the risk involved trying to take down a thug with a knife.

And if they had a knife my real guess is that the never intended to hurt anyone anyways.

Get her the American arms 22 magnum revolver that sits in a belt buckle then its close by they make a shot shell for them it has more then two rounds in it and can actually look good with her outfit. Or another way to go is the keltec in .32 acp with the neck chain holster. But my wife carries with both of these options and loves the knowledge that she can protect herself no matter what.

Not if you pull their arm up. Wouldn't do it with a gun. A knife doesn't go bang so it's hard to stab someone behind your back (unless of course their arm isn't restrained) . Of course, I probably wouldn't do it anyways. A frightened barista probably isn't worth all the risk involved trying to take down a thug with a knife.

And if they had a knife my real guess is that the never intended to hurt anyone anyways.

In a half hold like that you have less control and less chance of the carotid lock, and they still have the other arm free, allowing the perp to draw an offhand pocket knife, etc. Plus I'm not convinced that the pistol could not simply be reversed over their shoulder upside down to shoot you in the face. Give it a try with a partner and you'll see what I mean

I prefer to do a chokeout Praying Mantis style, and drag them out backwards if space permits, my feet pointing 180 degrees away from theirs and my face buried in their neck, my feet splayed to resist their attempts to roll. This is nearly inescapable, but does not work well if they have certain types of weapons. One more thing is that although I am a large guy, I am now teaching a just as burly fellow and I can barely get a PM style lock on him, the half lock would be impossible

Besides, There are other peoples lives at stake here, this merits (I say requires) a fast, lethal response.. something that goes bang repeatedly

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top