JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
My wife works at a store that was robbed at knife point...

Thank GOD that she was not working that week!!!

She works at a coffee shop part time and is a full time student, anyways here is what happened:

The store is situated with 2 doors and 2 lanes, and you may order from both doors/windows....

Well this punk knocks on the back window (not in a car, just walks up to the drive up window) and orders a drink. The girl starts making the order, and turns around to tell the guy to go to the other window to pay. But when she turns around, he is now wearing a bandanna cowboy/gangsa style. and grabs her hostage style with a knife to her chest saying he will kill her, tellilng the other girl working to open the tills. At this point badguy #2 jumps in with mini-sword/ dagger and starts emptying the cash from the drawer. (both silent alarms are triggered and cops are on the way...)

They take the cash and run off into the woods, one of the girls slowly left the stand to see what direction they ran off to and just outside of the parking lot she found a wallet on the ground that fell out of one of the smart robbers baggy jeans,:s0114: and a mini sword/dagger that was tossed durring the getaway.

Cops showed up in about 4.5min after the BG's left.

They both were caught within a week! But this is the 5th robbery in 2 years, and the most aggressive by FAR!!!!!!!!!

I work full time, and she works part time and goes to school fulltime. So Quitting is not going to happen...

Im really at a loss of what to do here...:huh: In my book this would have been a shoot situation, He had the Ability, Opportunity, and Jeopardy.

However the stand has a "no weapons" policy, (not that I care about a policy:s0131:) But my wife will only carry pepper spray, no guns, and no knife beacuse of her "girl style" jeans and clothes... Im really pushing for her to wear a glock 26 in a supertuck deluxe but she said she is not willing to wear different jeans/ clothes to IWB carry a G26.

At this point Im tempted to get a Bond Arms darrenger. Hey, its better then getting a knife in the heart...

By the way this happened in the middel of the day too...

Im VERY VERY Upset over this, so I started parking in the parking lot when she works and in my free time untill I figure something out!

I know some fast food joints have a policy of not serving anyone that walks up to a drive thru window. Maybe that's a policy change your wife should discuss with the business owner.

derringer pistol.. easy to keep in back pocket.. BG will laugh and think its cute until it goes BANG :D

I was thinking something like this

They shoot a 45LC or a 410ga, loaded with 2 of the new Win PDX1 in 410 and have her keep 2 in the other pocket...

pdx1_410pack_shells-tfb.jpg

I agree with those who say get her a gun, but also get her some gun training (if she doesn't have it already) make sure she knows when and how to use it.

Well, We both have quite a bit of defensive pistol training, You can never have enough!!!

She likes going shooting, but is Very stubborn when It comes to Carrying on her person, She will carry in a handbag, (she even will hold the gun in the bag, on the way to/from the car and in and out of work, so she wont have to dig for it) but as far as rockin a IWB and a G26... I dont think it will happen.

The whole point of getting a G26 was so she would carry it!

Im getting an @$$ load of Double Time in the next week, so I may just go buy one of the bond arms instead of getting my ruger MKIII.

Well, We both have quite a bit of defensive pistol training, You can never have enough!!!

She likes going shooting, but is Very stubborn when It comes to Carrying on her person, She will carry in a handbag, (she even will hold the gun in the bag, on the way to/from the car and in and out of work, so she wont have to dig for it) but as far as rockin a IWB and a G26... I dont think it will happen.

The whole point of getting a G26 was so she would carry it!

Im getting an @$$ load of Double Time in the next week, so I may just go buy one of the bond arms instead of getting my ruger MKIII.

Don't waist your money on a Derringer for defense they are a novelty at best, buy a real gun.

I was thinking something like this:

They shoot a 45LC or a 410ga, loaded with 2 of the new Win PDX1 in 410 and have her keep 2 in the other pocket...

pdx1_410pack_shells-tfb.jpg

Those derringers are HUGE. Better by far to get her a super compact 9mm or even a .380 (although I am not a fan of the .380 for defense) Both would give her at least 6 chances to stop a baddie

Exactly my thoughts!!

Makes me want to get the same setup just for the "cool factor" I love those little guns :s0155:

Again, they are not little, they are HUGE. Here's the stats

Barrel: 4 1/4"
Weight: 23 1/2 oz.
Length: 6 1/4"

Bigger than my M43 Firestar! As big and heavy as a J frame! 2 shots.. puullease, they are only suitable for a cowboy boot gun

<broken link removed>

Their homepage is hype, too..
http://www.bondarms.com/

My fiancee just picked out a Beretta 3032 Tomcat because she doesn't have to rack a slide with the flip up barrel. Of course we had to get the all stainless version because of the quality issues on the black ones, so it set us back a little more than I wanted. She loves the gun and will carry it, but just like your girlfriends case, in her purse only. I think I might be able to talk her into carrying on her person because she does like to layer shirts... who knows. I think she would be scared straight at this point, and who cares how her pants look if she works behind a window/counter?

I know the economy SUCKS right now, but how about a different job? I carry a G30 daily, train regularly, shoot often and I wouldn't work at a place that is robbed that often. It is only a matter of time before something BAD happens there. It may be time to move on.

Hey Ianstud, I'ld go with a little taurus, or s&w airweight .38spec. 5 shot revolver. It is only a little thicker than the .45lc derringer. Also that .410 magnum slug load, might be too much for a gal to handle. It might jump right out of her hand. .38spec is very manageable, and you can get +p loads. .38 snubbie is more reliable, no clips, no slide to pull back, no safety lever to mess with. Anyway, .38 Ruger sp101 is what my wife carries. It is a little heavier than a taurus 85 ultralight, or a s&w airweight, but it is real accurate for a snubbie.

This happens more often than you would think. I live with 2 girls who both work at a drive up stand as does your wife. They were both robbed at gunpoint a little while back! I use to sit in there with them during my free time just so people would notice a big guy and possibly think twice incase they have anything planned. If you think about it, drive up coffee stands are pretty good targets. Most of them have windows for easy access for drive up/walk up customers. They also may have a good deal of money on hand by the afternoon hours since they make quite a bit in the early morning hours. Also they usually have women working, who are usually expected to look somewhat attractive/fashionable looking (thats why i could see here not wanting to change her jeans in order to carry a pistol, plus girls are obsessed with the right fit, look, etc.) They both wish they would have had a gun when it happened. Anyways, good luck with the situation. Sounds like your wife has some experience with a pistol, so thats good!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top