JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

What Long Gun should I take on a road trip?

• 16" AR-15

Votes: 18 33.3%
  • M1 Garand

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ruger 10/22

Votes: 8 14.8%
  • 20 Gauge Pump Action Shotgun

Votes: 28 51.9%

• Total voters
My vote would go Lever Action or Shotgun, or for longer reach, a good bolty of some sort!
That said, I ALWAYS have a FAL in my car/truck no matter where I travel, don't care what state, and I avoid kali like the plague!

For the OP, of the options listed, I go shotgun!
This is how I roll, Gets er done!
DSC01925-1.jpg

long guns are too slow to load and deploy, best to bring whatever pistol you are most comfortable with, as long as the magazine is not over 10 rounds.
When on the road, I carry a G19 with magazine limiters, and it's locked up in this. Chevrolet Suburban Floor Console: 2003 - 2006
I drive with the key in the lock, very simple and fast to open and deploy.
In the motel, it's tucked into the side of the mattress ready to go.

Of your choices I'd take the pump. I would also take a revolver, .357.
When I travel there is always an SKS stashed in the trunk along with a chi-com bandolier holding 220 rnd on stripper clips. I keep a pistol in a lock-box readily available.
A lever rifle in a pistol cartridge like .357 or .44 mag is an option, I load +P in either .38spec or .44spec.
Oh, if you do have a self-defense situation, you WILL lose your firearms regardless if "justifiable".:eek: So bear that in mind. The cheap pump 12 might be the way to go.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top