JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I live in hillsboro and frankly won't go anywhere near downtown Hillsboro even in full daylight if I'm not armed. I wouldn't go into downtown Hillsboro at night on a bet! The Hispanic gang situation there is out of control. You're not really safe on main street, and if you're one or two blocks east of main street, you're taking our life in your hands walking down the street.

I live in hillsboro and frankly won't go anywhere near downtown Hillsboro even in full daylight if I'm not armed. I wouldn't go into downtown Hillsboro at night on a bet! The Hispanic gang situation there is out of control. You're not really safe on main street, and if you're one or two blocks east of main street, you're taking our life in your hands walking down the street.

True this. The max line street is just as terrible.

------------------------------------------------
I for one am going to drill it in my family's heads to get down as soon as they see a weapon or hear a shot, stay low and exit in the direction I tell them to or in the case they are by themselves exit the opposite side from where the threat is. Then I will have them huddle behind the engine compartment of the vehicle and await further instructions on which way to get the heck out of dodge asap! Or in the case that they are alone, to use common sense and wiat for the right time to scoot!

I have thought about this also, problem for me is I have two young boys, both in carseats. So they are both propped up higher than the normal seat and stuck. They would not be able to exit or get down. Poses a problem. I guess a strong offense would be the best option and hope I could take him out before he gets me or my family.

Just stay out of the passing lane if you aren't passing, don't wait until someone is really close before pulling out in front of them, and use your turn signals when changing direction and your odds are much better that you won't cause any incidents.

I hope that this is billed as a stoned crazy guy, and not a stoned crazy guy on a gun shooting rampage. Either way it looks bad...but damn.

As to what you need to do in a situation where you're being shot at whilst in a car; punch it. You're car is not cover at all. If you're stuck in traffic, you put that accelerator down and ram through cars if you have to. From what I have seen the only part that offers any protection is the engine block.

I hadn't heard of this one. Scary. :s0131:

FWIW, the followup articles implies that he may have been mentally ill. Would he have even qualified for an Oregon CCW?

http://www.oregonlive.com/washingtoncounty/index.ssf/2010/01/hillsboro_gunman_had_no_halluc.html

The 28-year-old man only had marijuana in his system, not the peyote or mescaline police found in his Hillsboro apartment.

Schumacher's parents described him as fastidious and shy. He hated having skin exposed, frequently wearing two shirts. But when he went on his shooting spree, he was wearing only camouflage pants, and police later found his apartment in disarray.

Gunson said Schumacher most likely was having flashbacks to times he was on the drugs – something that was common at the height of the LSD era, she said – or was mentally ill.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews