JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My wife was in downtown Hillsboro when this happened. She was at a bead shop right by where the shooting had just happened. It was apparently a road rage incident. The shooter got out of his car and fired six shots at the victims car hitting the victim at least once. STUFF LIKE THIS IS WHY I CARRY!

What's the name of your restaurant and where is it? My wife works in the Washington Co. building right across from the courthouse at 1st and Main. Maybe she and the girls might come by for lunch one day.
It's a bit furthet away then that bead world place, I saw the lights and sirens go west on baseline. My place is called Sunset Grill, we are in the same mall as the HILLSBORO dmv.

Let's hope the shooter wasn't a legal CHL holder. That could be used by the antis.

I dont think it's a CHL holder, most of the CHL are well thinking for their action. They wont be stupid enought to pull out their sidearm and shooting at people just over road rage. This sound like some thugs style, oh way it's in hillsburito.... I may see why :s0112:

I seriously doubt it was a CHL holder but anythings possible I guess. Sounds to me like it was a real idiot that's for sure.

Shoot at car!

Drive away at high speed and shoot at Cops while driving.

Crash car!

Get out of car and shoot at Cop's some more!

Get shot multiple times by cop's and die in street.

Yep this guy was a genious fo sho!

For me, this story brings up tactical questions...
How would one take cover in this situation? Moving to the floor could put the engine between 'me' and an attacker in front of the car but then you're kind of stuck there. If the shooter was behind or beside the car there's not as much cover to be had and you're still stuck in the floor. Does this become a 'shoot back and hope for the best' scenario? Or, like putting on your running shoes for a grizzly bear attack, does one hide behind their passenger?

Hurray for the cops who stopped this guy!

How would one take cover in this situation? Moving to the floor could put the engine between 'me' and an attacker in front of the car but then you're kind of stuck there. If the shooter was behind or beside the car there's not as much cover to be had and you're still stuck in the floor. Does this become a 'shoot back and hope for the best' scenario? Or, like putting on your running shoes for a grizzly bear attack, does one hide behind their passenger?
------------------------------------------------
That is a great point your bringing up. Especially the mention of a passenger.
That kinda really throws a wrench into most guys tactical scheme of how they would react in this sort of scenario. I for one would like to think (since I am a family man) that others will always be my primary concern. Although since I am their main source of protection I must strive to keep myself safe too. I would say that one should use this incident to spark up a healthy conversation with their family & or others that you regularly travel with. I for one am going to drill it in my family's heads to get down as soon as they see a weapon or hear a shot, stay low and exit in the direction I tell them to or in the case they are by themselves exit the opposite side from where the threat is. Then I will have them huddle behind the engine compartment of the vehicle and await further instructions on which way to get the heck out of dodge asap! Or in the case that they are alone, to use common sense and wiat for the right time to scoot! I am going to research this further since this incident is way too close to home for me and these things happen way too damn often these days. Stay alert guys/gals!

Hurray for the cops who stopped this guy!

The most tactical way to have handled this is to not escalate a traffic disagreement to start with, no matter if you are the offender or the offendy. When something happens, just go back to driving, don't honk, make gestures or stare the guy down it's just not worth it.

Obviously sometimes there will be a crazy that is going to go nuts and follow you to escalate the situation that is when the tactics would come into play.

The most tactical way to have handled this is to not escalate a traffic disagreement to start with, no matter if you are the offender or the offendy.

I agree that avoidence is best but I'm not convinced the final call on this will be road rage... One of the comments at the KPTV story says...

The initial incident occured a few blocks from my house, What a witness told me was a man shot another man in his vehicle several times in a parking lot on the corner of 10th and Walnut st. then fled in his vehicle.

Road rage involving a parked car? Possible. It also lends it's self to other possibilities.

As for the original title of Road Rage Gone Too Far, anything which can be called road rage is going too far.

The most tactical way to have handled this is to not escalate a traffic disagreement to start with, no matter if you are the offender or the offendy. When something happens, just go back to driving, don't honk, make gestures or stare the guy down it's just not worth it.

Obviously sometimes there will be a crazy that is going to go nuts and follow you to escalate the situation that is when the tactics would come into play.
------------------------------------------------
I for one just plain do not like confrontation & have always preferred to avoid it. That being said, I am more worried about being the poor shmoe stuck in traffic with his family behind the idiots having the shootout!

I actually said "hey" to the shooter days prior (I work in the same store.)
He was a quiet guy. kept to himself. I hear he had some family problems. But the real reason for his mini rampage is unknown. He had told friends:
(Yes, this is what one of his close friend had told me)..

He had packed his bags and had said: "I found a way to never have to work again"..

His friends asked: "how?"

He then said, "its a surprise, or you'll find out soon." (Something along those lines)

The day before the shooting he had not shown up to work, a no call no show.. that's a big no-no at my work.

I had a hunch that he may have been growing weed at his home, He was more of a grower type of personality, not a dealer type. Methodical, detailed.. but I found out that he had a small mescaline lab in his bathroom instead?
Again, so I've been told.

One of my other coworkers actually saw one part of the shootout, I am unsure as to what part, but he seemed a bit shaken today.

He also had a friend who knew nothing about what he had planed moved in about a month or weeks prior. The poor guy is probably being questioned as we speak..
Yeah, I just find it strange...

I feel bad for the guy and everyone else involved, but I hope to god he didn't have his CHL.

By the way, the news and cops are wrong blaming this totally on road rage. He was ready to shoot up someone somewhere.. I guess he couldn't hold it in any longer and the drivers must have done something minuscule and I guess given his mood and mentality that was the catalyst.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews