Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

road access behind Hagg Lake

Discussion in 'Northwest Hunting' started by Koda, Oct 11, 2014.

1. Koda

Koda Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter 2016 Volunteer

Its been years so before I drive out there I thought Id ask if the roads are gated or otherwise closed either Scoggins Valley road or Sain Creek road can you drive all the way through to hwy 6 from Hagg Lake?

My jeep broke down just in time for deer season so you get bonus points for any info on said main roads by car travel.

2. waterfowler0814

waterfowler0814 Portland New Member

Stimson property is only open on the weekends and you have to check in/out at the same gate. opens at 6, closes at 5

3. Sportsman

Sportsman Clackamas County, Or Member

Thought there were fires up in that area this summer, any update as to the access of this (Stimpson) area?

4. waterfowler0814

waterfowler0814 Portland New Member

Not sure about Scoggins Valley road (fire was off this road but real close to Hagg Lake) Sain Creek Rd could be the Same. I know the next road west is the Stimson Mainline that is open on the weekends but you have to go out the same gate you came in on so probably not best for driving through to Hwy 6. This is also a TMA area so they have roads you can/can't drive on and you basically walk roads into clearcuts/timber and don't have to worry about somebody driving past you.

5. Koda

Koda Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter 2016 Volunteer

Thanks everyone for the info, it sounds like the area is still accessable. I decided to try a different area last weekend but might consider this before the season ends.

6. BDA.45

BDA.45 oregon Well-Known Member 2016 Volunteer

Scoggins Valley is gated at the last house....Sain Creek is gated at the last house....You have to use the mainline

FWIW, both were closed due to irresponsible shooters and their trash. Sain Creek was closed a few years ago and a new gate was put on Scoggins a few months ago